A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

[Awakenings] Shikyo Keibatsu & Jades A Sadow

LockeSonjie

During the Awakenings conflict, you have been sent to intercept a member of another faction. Your objective is to delay or neutralize them, but you are not to kill them. Will you succeed or fail? Capture or convert? The choice is yours.

Shikyo Keibatsu & Jades A Sadow

Rules:

Each post must contain a minimum of 250 words.
No back to back posting.
Both participants must post at least twice in order to qualify for placement.

ShikyoKeibatsu

The Fragments of Dentavii
Orian System

Power changes like the ebb and flow of the tide. It can raise one to the peak or crash them into the rocks. Xanos sought power as a means to an end, disguised as “prophecy” to the lost and the weak. Marcus sought power as the means to rapid ascension, claiming visions foresaw this as his destiny. Shikyo wondered if Marcus had hit a level of insanity that made Macron appear normal. Locke was the only individual who saw the galaxy for the harsh reality that it was. Despite his limitations, the Epis fought tooth and nail to hold the clan together. This was why the Dark Jedi Master stood to assist the younger Krath. The clan needed the will to survive, not fanatic beliefs that would fade away.

The former Herald was tasked with claiming any of the Shards of Ombus for secure retrieval. He had heard the rumors whispered about Trevarus’ contact with a sliver of the Shard. No one man should have so much power that it creates a monster out of them. He closed his eyes and extended his will through the Force, reaching for anything that felt different than his surroundings. Several kilometers away, he could feel it. Raw, primal, dark. Like a ripple in a pond, he could feel the subtle vibrations against his psyche before he let reality wash back over him.

As he began to move towards the source of the disturbance, another presence skirted the edge of his senses, trying to remain veiled. Shikyo continued to move at a steady pace to prevent whoever was following him from being tipped off. He searched for any opportunity to get the jump on his stalker before finding it in a small crater a couple of meters ahead. The Krath Master picked up the pace and slipped into the shadows, allowing the Force to veil himself while increasing the shadows of the crater.

A hooded figure rushed into view, black and violet cloth moving in the direction of the form before free floating in the zero gravity. Sasuke recognized the figure as she turned her head in his direction. Jade Sadow continued scanning over the asteroid’s surface for her prey. As she looked away from her target, the Keibatsu stood out from the shadows and closed in on the woman. Intel reported that she was standing alongside Xanos and with her connection to the Sadows, he wondered if this was another trap.

“You truly thought you could stalk an Elder?”

Jade’s shoulders jolted in surprise before turning to look at the Kyataran.

“I had to do what I could. Do you fault me?” she said with a smirk.

“No. However the fact that you sought me out was foolish to begin with.”

A scowl formed on the Epis’ face as her fingertips began to trace along the hilt of her lightsaber.

“You have power, Shik. Tremendous power. We could use your help. With you fighting along side Darth Vexatus-”

“I fight alongside my brother. A Dark Lord of the Sith. A man who struck fear into the hearts of the Yuuzhan Vong, who’s destroyed Sith Lords like they were animals.” Shikyo snarled. “And you want me to ally with those who would wish me DEAD?!”

The female Krath dropped her leg back and unclipped her lightsaber from her belt and held it at the ready, resting her fingertip on the activation switch. The Elder smirked as he released Nightshade from its holster, snapping the ultraviolet blade to life. Drawing his right leg back behind him and dropping his weight slightly, the Wolf of Kyataru waved the Epis on.

“If Xanos or Sildrin want to use you to take another shot at me, I wish you luck.”

JadesA

Jade’s fingers slightly rubbed the hilt of her saber as she held it at the ready. It had been a long time since she had meet up with Shikyo. She knew following him had been risky, but if he led her closer to the shard she could worry about coming up with a distraction later. She looked at the saber in his hand. He had sided with Locke, a side she had nearly chosen as well. But now, here could be a powerful ally, one that could truly help their smaller numbers, should she be able to convince him to come to Vexatus side. “If your brother was swallowed by a rancor, would you follow him into the belly?” She smirked.

Shikyo glared at her. “You’re assuming the rancor would even come close to him.”

Jade laughed and shifted her weight, her purple blade hissing to life. The glow casting shadows across her face and cloak. “You’re off your rocker Shikyo.” She took a step back. She would be ready to fight him but it wouldn’t be her first choice.

“Not as much as you accepting Xanos’ or Sildrin’s mission of killing me.” His own saber flashed to life, the dark hiss almost demanding blood from the air itself.

“You’re paranoid! When have I ever been sent as an assassin to kill you or your family?”

“So the truth comes out. First me, then my brother.” Shikyo laughed. “I’m almost tempted to let you live, just to watch you try.”

Jade couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Having been nothing but loyal in the past…“You need to lay off the booze. I’m not here to kill you.”

“Then why were you trying to follow me?” He took a step towards her, surprised she stood her ground and didn’t move. He took another step just to see if she would be as strong in her resolve, but she stood still. Maybe she was telling the truth.

“Rumor has it you were hot on the trail of a shard. Figured I’d let you lead me to it.” She smirked.

Shikyo looked at her. It made sense, and she didn’t show typical signs of covering up a lie. He lunged towards her. Jade stepped to the side as Shikyo smiled. The move hadn’t been for attack, but rather to see how she would react. He was testing her. "You know you wouldn’t succeed in killing me.

“I don’t want to kill you!” Jade shouted it and it echoed off a near by wall.

“Says the would be assassin.” Shikyo smirked.

Jade looked at him, her head tilting to the side a bit. Was he starting to actually believe her? She used the force to pick up a piece of rubble and tossed it at the Dark Jedi Master, it was her own test. He laughed and harmlessly deflected it.

“Please, at least make it worth my while, Epis. I know you can do better then that, I’ve seen you do better than that.”

“If I were trying to kill you I would!” Jade almost growled it. The man was stubborn, determined she was out to kill him. She would have to fight him just to prove that she wasn’t. She changed her stance so she was on guard, her saber slightly tilted. “You want to dance Shikyo, let’s dance, but don’t accuse me of something I’m not here to do!”

“If you survive I might bring you back to Locke as a prize.” Shikyo was playing with her now, like a predator giving its prey false hope. Jade wouldn’t be easily swayed to switch sides, he’d have to make her want to fight for it. Make it seem like she was convincing him to almost let her change sides.

“When you finally come to your senses Shikyo, I’ll bring you back to Vexatus to swear your allegiance.”

Shikyo hissed along with his blade. “Never. Going. To. Happen.”