A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

Guild Wars 2 Tags

Rajhin

There has been a resurgence in interest for DJB Members to get together and play Guild Wars 2 so I’m starting a thread for people to list their in-game names so we can find each other.

Mine is Turel.9072 in the North America Region (Maguuma Server if interested).

EdgarDrachen

Mine is Edgar Drachen.5230 NA Region (Maguuma Server)

TaranaeRhode

Guys do I really need to be on the NA servers to play with you? sigh

MarSul

just moved to Murica Region. My IGN is SkepticPrawn.3527

EdgarDrachen

from the GW 2 Wiki

Read the full article at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

–Excerpt–
Mechanics and terminology

Home world: Players choose a “home world” when logging in to the game for the first time; this determines the server you represent during World versus World and your Power of the Mists bonuses. All of your characters are bound to the same world. You can change the home world by paying a transfer fee.

Region: This indicates the location of the data center that stores your account information; it has nothing directly to do with your geographical location. Players from one region cannot enter the same maps as those from any other, e.g. those with NA home worlds cannot play with those based on EU ones.
Players can transfer from NA to EU worlds and vice-versa, but not between China and the EU/NA regions.
Similarly, the EU & NA regions share a Trading Post while the China region has its own.

Megaserver: unlike many other MMOs, all players from the same region are able to play together automatically. When players enter a zone, they are placed into the same instance as everyone else in the same region, until the game determines that the map is getting full, at which point it creates a new instance.
When there are multiple versions of the map, the game attempts to put you in the same map alongside your friends, guildmates, and members of the same world; in the EU region, priority is also given to those using the same supported language, i.e. English, French, German, or Spanish.

To join party members on a different version of the map by right-click their name or portrait in the party UI and choose Join In [zone name]. If the map is full, keep trying until you succeed, as there are always people entering and leaving each instance.

Server: Players often use the term server as a synonym for world, comparing them to servers in other MMOs. However, in Guild Wars 2, map instances are created on a virtual server shared by all worlds. Players can use the /ip chat command to display the IP address of the instance their character is in.

Guesting: Guesting allows you to temporarily change your associated world, thus affecting one of the factors affecting which instance you are placed in. It does not allow you to play for a different team in World versus World or to guest from NA to EU or vice versa. Due to the megaserver system, most players will never need to guest.

To begin guesting, start at the character selection screen and choose World Selection. Click on the Guest button for the world you wish to guest to and confirm your choice. the game will place a suitcase icon symbol next to the guest world.
The next character you play will be guesting on that server and continue to do so until you logout, change characters, or restart the current character. To guest again (or with another character), repeat the same steps. You are eligible to guest as many times as you like, but you may only choose up to two guest worlds every 24 hours.

Caution: Double-check when guesting that you have not accidentally started the transfer process; the buttons are very close together and the prompts are similar.

FYI Maguuma is a medium Pop Server

YukiSuoh

Anochiir.3457 always down for anything.

TaranaeRhode

Taressa.7109

AloraKituri

Morotheri.2948

If I’m not in classes, I’ll always log in if people ask.

Zanothi

Panther.6213

Just starting out.

EdgarDrachen

we are playing again …