A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

[2015-01] Contract 018: Lucyeth - Undercover, B-Class

AlaarRinn

Contract Datapad

x://_Encrypted File
x://_Passcode accepted
x://_Fingerprint Authentic
x://_Identity Verified: Lucyeth

Missions Details:

Battlemaster Lucyeth,

In an attempt to gain control over one of the sector’s major banking syndicates, Lord Xen’Mordin Vismorsus-Palpatine has tried to consolidate his control of the banking industry’s largest syndicate’s Board of Directors. Our lord has been more than generous, but for some reason the board hasn’t been as ‘cooperative’ as it should be, despite our lord’s generosity. Intelligence suggests that a certain board member is trying to outmanoeuvre Scholae’s control over the board. Of course, Lord Xen’Mordin Vismorsus-Palpatine has expressed his disappointment, and would like to see this particular board member’s personal trade empire corrupted from within and made a spectacular example of.

Good Hunting, Battlemaster.

Regards,
Knight Calindra Hejaran,
Imperial Scholae Intelligence

Authorized Signature(s)
-Quaestor of House Excidium-
-Consul of Clan Scholae Palatinae-

Parameters:
You will infiltrate Jorgen Gen’s trade syndicate and find the best way to systematically destroy his empire from within: Turn away from him what he loves and cherishes; overexpose him to his enemies, and crush him. It doesn’t matter, so long as he cannot recover from the blow and his humiliation is total. Be cautious, however; should you be discovered, Scholae will deny any knowledge of your existence.

Attachments:
None

Lucyeth

Trouble From Within

Lucyeth looked out at the setting sun over the city on a pristine balcony of a tall building that rose into the atmosphere. It was complimentary of someone with such power that Lucyeth enjoyed frequently.

“The view never gets old my friend,” stated Jorgen Gen as he walked onto the balcony.
“Indeed, we are in the highest peak we have ever been,” replied Lucyeth referring to the large profits that the business has experienced. Jorgen rubbed the furrow of his brow with his palm at the comment and smirked.

“Very true my friend however, we need to be careful as the emperor’s inquisitors have been taking more of an interest in the board of directors and the judicials would not hesitate to squash trade,” Gen said with a slam of his clenched fist on the balcony railing. Lucyeth thought about it but didn’t have any words to Jorgen’s statement.

“They are of no concern though even if they do investigate it will be nothing but dead ends,” added Gen with a laugh at the comment.

“They never have been a problem anyway,” Lucyeth assured his friend as they had an important event the following day and nothing would mess it up.

The following day, Lucyeth had to meet with a potential client for Gen. As his second in command, Lucyeth tends to be the one out in the open for the trading activities. The palatinaean sighed in frustration as he gazed at the clock. The client was late which was never a good sign. With fifteen minutes past Lucyeth was about to leave when the masked man came out of the shadows. Lucyeth was quick to hand over a data card for munitions storage site while the mystery man simultaneously handed over an account number for his vault where the goods were kept. They parted their way as soon as it started with no one to watch that they were aware of.

At the vault, Lucyeth made quick work to look at all the stores of spice before he turned to his people to start loading up. A bunch of credits to trade for spice that can be sold in the outer rim for outrageous amounts enough to buy a star system. Gen will be pleased with the work done as he always was after a good day’s work.

The next day, Jorgen burst into Lucyeth’s office with a face as red as a fruit and the palatinaean had to hear the news. He had no idea what the problem was about but he knew it was a problem and it wasn’t good.

“ The transaction went all wrong yesterday. The person you traded with put the credits in a galactic vault in front of all investigative eyes,” yelled Jorgen with all hatred and scorn. Lucyeth furrowed his brow and rubbed the sweat that began to permeate out of his forehead.

“ That means they are able to track everything they do,” yelled Lucyeth with the fear already coming out of his expression.

“ No it means they are probably going to…” Jorgen yelled back but he was unable to finish his sentence as the security bureau agents burst into the door and stunned them both. The cuffs were put on and they were put in speeders so quick that no one realized on street level what was going on. The speeders changed direction and Lucyeth knew where he was being taken.

“ The office of the emperor would like to speak with you,” stated the agent toward Lucyeth as the palace loomed larger in the distance as they got closer.

Jorgen and his trading empire were toppled and his consequences would be dealt with and Lucyeth had no remorse. No regrets of what he did and his betrayal would not be known regardless so he wouldn’t even bother to look back.
RowenaMagnuri

Grade: Needs Work (+1)
Point Modifier: B-Class =x1.00

Overall Score: 1

I will say, for starters, that this fiction is entirely too short to get a good feel for your writing. At first glance, however, I can tell you that you would ultimately benefit from a proofreader or two. Your writing does show promise and I can tell that you put some thought into it. Due to the numerous errors and the lack of overall length to get a good feel for your writing, you score a Needs Work (+1). Continue reading to see the errors I speak of

Lucyeth looked out at the setting sun over the city on a pristine balcony of a tall building that rose into the atmosphere. It was complimentary of someone with such power that Lucyeth enjoyed frequently.

Whilst this is a decent start to set the scene, there are a few issues I would like to point out. Firstly, I want to point out that these sentences have almost no punctuation, which really interrupts the flow of the story itself–in this case, commas are your friend.

Secondly, you repeatedly use the character’s name rather than using differing pronouns to identify the character. Examples for future reference: Lucyeth, The Human, The Sith/Sith Warrior, The Sorcerer, The Equite.

My biggest issue with the way you started this fiction: You started it in the middle of the mission, giving no detail on how your character infiltrated the organization itself. Details like these almost guarantee a higher score and help with the length issue I mentioned before.

“Very true my friend however, we need to be careful as the emperor’s inquisitors have been taking more of an interest in the board of directors and the judicials would not hesitate to squash trade,” Gen said with a slam of his clenched fist on the balcony railing. Lucyeth thought about it but didn’t have any words to Jorgen’s statement.

What ‘Emperor’ are you referring to here? Identifying pronouns such as these should always be capitalized–you should also give some back story, as your audience has no idea who you’re referring to here.

As his second in command, Lucyeth tends to be the one out in the open for the trading activities. The palatinaean sighed in frustration as he gazed at the clock. The client was late which was never a good sign. With fifteen minutes past Lucyeth was about to leave when the masked man came out of the shadows. Lucyeth was quick to hand over a data card for munitions storage site while the mystery man simultaneously handed over an account number for his vault where the goods were kept. They parted their way as soon as it started with no one to watch that they were aware of.

How did Lucyeth become the Second-In-Command? That’s not realistic in the least, as gaining a position like that in a banking syndicate would take many years to attain. Also, there’s the fact that you caused tense confusion by switching from past to present tense frequently.

Palatinaean should be capitalized, as it’s an identifying pronoun.

This paragraph is full of sentence fragments and the flow is very choppy.

A bunch of credits to trade for spice that can be sold in the outer rim for outrageous amounts enough to buy a star system.

Outer Rim should be capitalized.

Lucyeth furrowed his brow and rubbed the sweat that began to permeate out of his forehead.

Permeate is the wrong word here. Check your definitions in future.

“ That means they are able to track everything they do,” yelled Lucyeth with the fear already coming out of his expression.

Very poor acting. Why does your character go from calm, to nervous, then to terrified in a matter of seconds?

Jorgen and his trading empire were toppled and his consequences would be dealt with and Lucyeth had no remorse. No regrets of what he did and his betrayal would not be known regardless so he wouldn’t even bother to look back.

I have no idea how you gave this the odd coding it had - try to avoid that in the future.

I highly suggest a proofreader or two in your next contract attempt. Listen to their suggestions and add the details that this is lacking. I look forward to seeing how you improve with future contracts.