PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Assault and capture the Roark-Cole-Tresor Research Station on Zsoldos, and obtain any and all useful data and artifacts.
SITUATION: The Dread Lord of Plagueis has ordered your strike team to work with the Ascendant Legion’s Armored Regimental Combat Team Delta in order to infiltrate and take over the Roark-Cole-Tresor Research Station on Zsoldos during the Plagueian strike on the planet. This station, allegedly, contains valuable research on Mandalorian alchemy and other facets of Vizsla. The station is heavily guarded by anti-aircraft artillery, Vizsla mercenaries, AT-AT’s, AT-M6’s, and other conscripted forces. Not only that, but Vizsla is well-equipped with spec ops forces, including snipers and slicers, who may attempt to disrupt your team’s ability to enter the facility and pull information from it. While these forces and infantry are not primarily equipped for siege, mobility is heavily emphasized.
The operation will be deemed successful if the station is captured intact and valuable research is collected.
Rubric and Rules
The Clan-Wide Run On will be graded following a unique rubric, located here.
- For participation credit, members must make two qualifying posts. For posts to qualify, they should be at minimum 250 words and be no longer than 1000 words. Posts shorter than 250, or longer than 1000 words, are ‘disqualified’, but do not disqualify a run-on or a participant, or the run-on from placing. They may be edited as per the Edit Rules below, but not after.
- A member’s snapshot must be added to the first “starting” post in the Run-Once once they post, but we will not pay any attention to loadouts in grading and realism will focus on general Star Wars/Brotherhood versus specifics Force powers and skills. Snapshots may also be added on the first post a member makes to a run-on and may be removed from that post and placed in the first post through edits by the Consul at any point thereafter.
- Members may write their alternative characters and NPCs into the run-on in addition to their main characters. Snapshots must be provided, and the use of alts/NPCs must comply with all other rules of this competition, including the restrictions described below.
- Only qualifying posts will be considered in grading; others will be ignored. Subsequent writers may choose to ignore disqualified posts, but they will not be penalized if they pay attention to them. However, if a disqualified post includes resolution to a plot/subplot, it will NOT be considered in Story grading.
- Authors may reserve a post position with a post stating “Reserved”. There may only be one post position reserved, and Consuls may request the reservation request be deleted if it has been up for more than 6 hours.
- Posts may be edited by their author before additional posts with content are made (that is, a post may ONLY be edited while the post immediately following it is Reserved). If a post is edited after content has been added, it will be disqualified.
- An author may NOT make consecutive posts. At least one other person must post (including reserved posts) before an author can make another post.
- Any post may be deleted within 10 minutes of it being posted, regardless of what other posts have been made after it.
- Each clan’s run-on must focus on its specific objective. Clans do not need to belabor arriving at an objective point: members may address their arrival in their first post, but a member’s second (and later) posts must engage with events based on the objective, or they will not count as qualifying posts.
- Members may only participate in one of their clan’s two offered run-ons.
[PLA-VIZ Event Long] Fiction - Clash On Zsoldos