A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

Ask the Old Folks

KeirdaghCantor

Just a random little thread I thought I’d start up, after having Dru quiz Crix and I in #Taldryan last night, about the way things were back in the days, and what stuff we did, and other random thoughts.

So… have at it children. Ask us anything you want, DB related or not. Doesn’t matter what.

Rizlib

Who are you calling old?! :stuck_out_tongue:

KeirdaghCantor

Well, in relation to you…

Me, Howie, Jac, Mav :stuck_out_tongue:

Rizlib

Haha, Zimmer frames at the ready! :slight_smile:

GryffonCantor

What’s that smell?

KeirdaghCantor

Hookers and awesome. NEXT!

HalcyonRokir

What is the official cream/rub of the OFH to relieve aching muscles, cuz we lift, bro.

KeirdaghCantor

A5-35, because it smells like a pharmacy and burns so good.

Armags

What was it like going to school before paper was invented? did you use a hammer and chisel?

KeirdaghCantor

Hammer and Chisel? Lord no. Metalworking hadn’t been invented when I was cutting my teeth, we scribbled the days notes into the dirt and then we slept on them to absorb knowledge.

Armags

interesting, and how did you fend off the dinosaurs back in them days???

KeirdaghCantor

By running faster than the pandas.

TebboJensen

What has been the biggest change you have seen sense you have joined?

HalcyonRokir

Hmm…good question. I’ve had to think about it, but if I had to personally boil it down to one thing I think it would be the transition from a more game-centric club to a fiction-one. When I joined we had a lot of single-player missions and battles for the flight sim games, like TIE, XvT and eventually XWA. There was also a lot of MP happening with XvT, JK and then eventually XWA and JO. While the DB has always had fiction-elements, it was not the predominant activity that it is now.

It’s funny thinking back, since I was a “gamer” in the club and never really did any fiction…now it’s very much the opposite for me.