A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

[Clan Arcona - Team AFK]

RulvakQurroc

MEMBERS:
Rulvak Qurroc - Snapshot
Sildrin Lyonsbane - Snapshot
Timeros Caesus Entar Arconae - Snapshot
K’tana - Snapshot

Great Jedi War XII: Run On - The Lost Artifacts of Darth Plagueis the Wise

Enemy Forces: The Technocratic Guild

Named Enemy Combatants:
Eminent Gwendolyn “Sparks”
Eminent Kendra Icasta
Eminent Kerwin Drake

Generic Enemy Combatants: The Technocratic Guild consists of cybernetically enhanced warriors that have trained relentlessly to face Force sensitive Combatants. These core element of these warriors have achieved capabilities that place then on part with Journeymen and equites. An elite cadre of mentally and physically enhanced supreme commandos have unnatural abilities that allow them to combat Brotherhood Equites and when they possess numerical superiority, even Elders.

Known Enemy Ground Capabilities: The Technocratic Guild is a secretive organization that closely guards their most treasured items. This possessiveness has led them to build massive fortified structures with infiltration alarms and sensor systems designed to identify any and all intruders. Automated turrets, automated droid patrols, energy cages, stun gas, and a host of methods can be expected.

Known Enemy Space Capabilities: The Badlands are protected by the Collective’s Battle Group Orias.

Background: Guildmaster Daggo Mouk is a master of blurring the lines between mechanical and biological technology. He has spent years developing experimental methods to push the limits of the Technocratic Guild’s members mental and physical capabilities well beyond their genetic capabilities. Daggo repeatedly uncovered the name Darth Plagueis throughout pursuit of scientific and experimental studies. Darth Plagueis’s capability to manipulate an organism’s capability mortality was a fascination that the Guild Master could not shake.

Intelligence Update: Agents of the Inquisitorious and members of the Shroud Syndicate have reported dealers of Sith Antiquities recently made a billion credit sale to Daggo Mouk and the Shroud Syndicate. Interrogation reports of the black market dealer’s associates indicate that the Technocratic Guild is now in possession of a series of scrolls and tomes written by Darth Plagueis the Wise. These scrolls have been taken to a secret facility in the Badlands on Nancora Prime.

Mission: You are a member of an Elite Strike Force assembled by your Clan to infiltrate Nancora Prime, rendezvous in the Badlands, and assault the Technocratic Guild’s compound. Your mission will require you to overcome enemy combatants, fortress security measures, and infiltrate one of the most heavily guarded and secure vaults in the Outer Rim. You mission will be complete once you turn the artifacts over to the Dark Council, claim their for your own, or destroy them for the good of the Universe.

Light Side Hook: Rogue Agents within the Dark Brotherhood have notified members of Odan-Urr and the Resistance that the Grand Master has placed a priority elite forces to break away from the main Invasion forces on Nancora and retrieve the scrolls of Darth Plagueis for the Dark Brotherhood’s archives. It is your task to steal the scrolls first or sabotage the Dark Brotherhood’s efforts while also inflicting damage against the Technocratic Guild. You are authorized to engage Dark Brotherhood forces who are also seeking the artifacts.

Alternate Dark Side Hook: Knowledge is power. The Dark Brotherhood is a series of stepping stones until one reaches ultimate power. Your Clan’s agents within the Inquisitorious have uncovered the Grand Master’s priority message to retrieve the lost scrolls of Darth Plagueis. This is your Clan’s chance to seize the opportunity to security the scrolls for their own possession and gain dominance over your enemies within the Brotherhood. You are authorized to engage Dark Brotherhood or Odan-Urr forces who are also seeking the artifacts.

Rules:

Teams will create their own run-on thread in the GJW 12 Run-On Category. Your lead post will include your Clan, team name, team members, and team member pins. The lead post, containing team members, may not be edited unless you coordinate with GM Pravus and DGM Mav. If you choose, you may paste in the prompt and rules into this lead post. The lead post is to be used just as a header, does not abide by word count restrictions, may be followed by the same poster, but also does not count as one of the three posts a member must make.

Rules:

Teams must have a minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 6. For a team to qualify for placement, all posts must meet requirements in these rules and all members of the team must meet post number requirements. However, for participation alone, any individual meeting minimum post requirements will count toward his or her unit.

Members may only be part of one team." "Run-ons must begin with a first post listing all members of a team, and including a snap shot for each team member to the character sheet used in the run-on. This snapshot will be used for all realism judging.

All members must make 3 posts throughout the duration of the run-on.

Posts must meet the following requirements:

Minimum post length: 250 +/- 10 words

Maximum post length: 2500 +/- 10 words.

Any member posting twice in a row will disqualify his or her team from placing, but not from participation credit (e.g. if an entire team stops posting, a member may post twice in a row to get their own participation credit).

Edits may occur on a post until a follow on post has been made (follow on posts include “reserving” a space). Edits may only be made by the original posts author (The only Forum Administrator that may edit a post is GM Pravus).

Members may reserve a post, but no posts can occur until after the reserved post is written.

Judging will follow the Run-On Rubric

A Snapshot of the Character Sheet being used for a participating member of the Run-On team must be included in the lead post.

Threads should have the a tag: [Clan - TeamName]

Coordination and editing: Team members are encouraged to work with each other to coordinate posts, develop the story, and work on continuity of posts. Team members may also provide proofing of each other’s posts. However, team members may not engage in whole-sale re-writing of sections of a post that is not their own. Further, team members should refrain from completing detailed outlines for each other as to post content.

Dark Brotherhood member’s unable to find a team that meets the minimum requirements may create a two person team to earn participation points. Two person teams will fall under all other stated rules within this document, but will not be permitted to place.

Teams should work to incorporate the Badlands location, Technocratic Guild Capabilities, and NPCs into their run on. A large degree of freedom has been offered in this run-on, but teams strive to incorporate the setting and combatants provided. This includes bypassing the enemy fleet and making landing on Nancora.

RulvakQurroc

The following post was written entirely by Kat, and I claim none of it. She could not find the time to post, and my posts will work off of it as a beginning story!

Disappointing Dichotomy
Outskirts of Arcona Owned Space
Two Weeks Prior

Maenaki Dalevi’in could have done far worse than abandoning her post, insulting her superiors and absconding with the weaponized apprentice of Timeros Arconae. She could have leaked information, jeopardized the entire Clan and run off with the Twi’lek. She felt no shame or guilt for what she had done, but when the Elder contacted her to regain possession of his former dust collector it took every ounce of her self-control to keep her voice from shaking. Death was not something the young halfbreed was hoping to run into any time soon.

“Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.”

The adage rang true even from where Mae came. But unlike those who inspired the saying, she had no desire to turn on the Arconans. On some level, she hated them, but in her revulsion there was clarity. The Seeker knew that with enough time the Clans, all of them, would turn in on themselves and deteriorate without her assistance. It was the blessing, and the curse, of stagnation and endurance. Prolongation was something her blood knew, something, she believed, she had in abundance and what would give her the advantage in the future. She wanted to live, if only long enough to see the crumbling ruins of the Brotherhood.

The Sephi-Zeltron hybrid drew her pet into a long embrace, evoking thoughts of affection and concern, before kissing the young woman’s forehead and releasing her back to the ones who broke her. As the Twi’lek left the ship, Maenaki could not help but smile. No amount of blacked-out memories or adhesive would repair the damage he and the rest of Arcona had done. And when the fallen leader ditched the Disappointing Dichotomy for an unnamed ship to an unnamed planet, she truly believed her vengeance was at hand. There was nothing left to do but wait for K’tana to once again crumple under pressure.

Vexatious Flippancy
Shuttle Bay of Estle,
Selen

Timeros Entar mulled over his datapad with passing interest, glancing up and taking note of his former apprentice as she entered the complex. The Shadow’s silent steps approached the platform, her fiery gaze flickering about the shuttle bay akin to that of an apex predator on the prowl. Having assessed the complex for threats and finding no immediate danger, K’tana swept past the Arconae to board the nameless shuttle and take her seat behind the pilot. She locked her chromatic gaze on the console, taking an intense interest in the switches and buttons the pilot flicked and pressed as he prepared the takeoff.

The Shadow felt the presence of the Adept as he boarded the small cruiser. The pilot turned to face the Marauder, licking his dry lips and trying to get his jaw working as the man’s icy gaze locked on him.

“I…um. My…I…Sorry, Lord Arco…Arconae. I…We should, uh, be taking off…soon.”

The Twi’lek’s disgusted chuckle caught both men off guard. Timeros hadn’t heard the woman laugh since she had returned and he went to shut her down with a disapproving scowl. But K’tana wasn’t looking at him. She leaned forward in her chair, grabbing the pilot’s face between long sharp nails.

“Stammer later and get your ass on it, human.” the Sith sneered, pushing his face and flinging him back into his chair with a thunk. The violet woman shook her head, crossing her arms and glaring at the man until he turned around and the engine began its rumble.

“What?” The Twi’lek suddenly snapped, her fiery attention flicking up at Timeros, who was still looming over her seat. His silence spoke volumes and, although she rolled her eyes and slumped into her chair, K’tana grew silent and stayed quiet for the rest of the flight.

Midnight
Outskirts of Nancora Space

“We’re less than twenty parsecs out. Approaching from the starboard side.”

Rulvak nodded at the comm before he said, “over. See you soon Vex”.

He turned over his shoulder to the pale woman in black leather sitting next to him, her white eyes staring into the vastness of the space before them.

“You ready for this?” he said, still questioning why the Summit would request their strike team bring along someone blind. He’d watched Sildrin enough to know that she seemed to get on just fine without any assistance, but he couldn’t fathom how she would be useful in battle.

“I am.” The reply came with the elegant turn of her head, echoing inside his mind as the telepath drilled her frozen words past his mental defenses with ease. The halfbreed shuddered visibly, somehow causing a small smirk to appear at the corners of Sildrin’s dark lips.

RulvakQurroc

As the Midnight lurched to a halt, Sildrin rose for the first time from her seat and gazed over towards Rulvak. The Battlelord was looking back and forth along each of the screens flashing in front of him, seemingly desperate for any information.

“Where are they?” Rulvak muttered. “There are no ground forces, no anti-air, and the other two are not here. Do we have the right coordinates?”

The chill swept through Rulvak again, “yes, we are here. I sense something may have happened to our allies.”

“You should go look for them then. It’s only a matter of time before our window comes to a close.” Rulvak spoke aloud, not quite understanding that Sildrin knew what he was going to say before he said it. As Sildrin began to turn toward the hatch, a blaring siren went off within Midnight. Immediately all of the screens started flashing and there was every indication that they were not alone.

“Well, this is embarrassing. It seems I left our stealth drive on, which was hindering our displays. I apologize for that, it’s a new ship!” Rulvak expected a reply, but when he looked over to Sildrin, she had already opened the hatch, and began outside. Before he turned back to his console, her form disappeared and became nothing but a slight glimmer in the air.

Looks like it’s just me now. I suppose that’s for the best. I wonder what is really out there.

He turned back to the center console, and began to plan his route.

RulvakQurroc

The grounds here look relatively easy to penetrate…and I can make my access here to get a direct line to where the relics are being held. This should be a piece of cake!

Rulvak stood, confident his plan would go through even without the help of any of the other members of his team. They had planned on doing this heist together, but two were missing and he couldn’t stand that bitter chill any longer.

He began the shutdown sequence for Mightnight, which initiated the stealth protocol, then turned and jogged out the hatch as it began to hiss closed behind him. He turned back, and his ship was gone.

Perfect. I love this ship!

Rulvak followed suit as he cloaked, becoming a shimmer in the wind.

One hour later

There’s my building. Now to get inside.

Rulvak was enjoying the fresh air for the first time in a long time, even though it was hot as a Tauntaun’s innards. He immediately went to work on the console. It was only a few minutes later when hiss, the door slid open and revealed what it last expected to see; Sildrin was standing there with both K’tana and Timeros behind her.

“Uh, hello. I didn’t expect to see you again.”

Tim looked directly at Rulvak, almost as if he was analyzing him for weaknesses. “We have been waiting for you. Let’s go.”

Well, this isn’t what I expected would happen.

The chill returned, “maybe you shouldn’t think so loudly. I knew your plan as I was leaving the ship.”

“Then you know we need to stay in stealth! How do you propose he does that?” Rulvak quipped, pointing towards Timeros.

“You better watch yourself, little Battlelord, I have no time to babysit.”

K’tana, turned with a grin, “don’t get him started, Rulvak. Let’s just get these relics and get out of here.”

RulvakQurroc

Before they could make it through the building, they were surrounded, technocratic guards on every side.

Sildrin’s gaze directly at Rulvak, “You triggered a silent alarm with that panel. I hope your plan wasn’t truly stealth.”

Her gaze drifted back towards the few guards in front of her, and she rose her hands. The guards raised their weapons and prepared to fire, but lightning leaped from the elder’s fingertips, throwing the guards back as it struck them. Timeros, acting similarly, turned to the few on his side and they all fell to their knees, unable to move out of sheer terror. As they began to roll into the fetal position, Timeros ignited his sabres, walked over, and cut them down before they could think of anything else. K’tana, already in a sprint towards with sabre ignited, lept up and behind two guards, slicing diagonally through them both with ease. She turned to her next targets, who had already turned to fire their weapons. Rulvak had started running, ducking as blaster fire whizzed by his head, and slid between the two guards that had turned their attention towards K’tana. In one fluid motion, he unholstered his vibroswords, and stuck one through each of them. He turned to find Timeros finishing off the last of his terrorized foes, Sildrin still standing in the middle of the room, and K’tana halting right in front of him.

“They were mine!” K’tana spat at Rulvak.

“Regardless, we should move. There will be more, and they will likely not send grunts next time.” Timeros interjected, “we have to get these relics before they bring in their reinforcements.”

Nodding as he stood, Rulvak began along their path. K’tana turned her glare from him to Timeros, clearly wanting her kills.

“Next time. Not now.”

JamesEntar