This is the run-on event for the Midnight Clan Event. Full backstory can be found here. This run-on will take place on the discourse forum, and will last for the entire length of the Midnight event. Full prompt will be posted in the run-on for ease of reference.
There are two open run-on threads on the forums. You may participate in one of them. Please review the prompts posted there in deciding which of the two you would like to participate in.
Judging will be based on the fiction grading rubric. Level of cooperation with fellow clanmates in the run-on will also be taken into consideration. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping a flow of continuity with the story, including other members in your own posts, not derailing the story for your own story.
Participation in this run-on will earn you Clusters of Ice, as well as points toward the parent competition of the Midnight Clan Event. Participation will be manually added to the competition listing for this run-on at the end of the event.
This is a Level 3 competition for Midnight.
General Post Guidelines:
- Minimum post length of 250 words
- Maximum post length of 1000 words
- Minimum of 2 posts required for participation qualification
- No posting twice in a row, one other member must post before you can again
- Posts should be only continuation of the story, no OOC posts, save for posts from the event runner.
- Posts may be edited by the poster only, and no edits on a post will be allowed once the next post is made in the thread.
- Check out other people’s character sheets to help write them in your posts
- Remember Star Wars Realism Counts. No out of universe swearing!
- It always helps to have at least one other person proofread before posting
- Reserving posts helps prevent people from posting before you get yours in.
- Be courteous to your fellow housemates, and don’t reserve a spot then not post.
Trial of the Soul
You have decided to accompany Stana and Polis on their risky attempt to free Xen’Mordin from the grasp of Darth Fallax. They have taken you deep into the forests of Judecca to avoid being disturbed by the New Dawn while the ritual is in progress. You and the fellow Palatinaeans who have agreed to attempt this ritual now sit in a circle facing in on an ornately carved crystal, which hovers several feet from the ground.
This ritual will not take place with your bodies, but your minds and souls. Rendered unconscious you now find yourself in a projection of Xen’s mind. While it looks and feels just as real as the normal world it is far from it. Here you will not be facing the soldiers of the Empire, or the disciples of the New Dawn, but the demons within. The world ripples and changes around you as Xen’s terrors, your own nightmares, and the full might of Darth Fallax’s twisted persona now sit between you and finding Xen.