Team Salty Savages
GP Sanguinius Tsucyra Entar (10407) - Human Male
GW Jason Hunter (974) - Human Male
SR Raiju Kang (4024) - Nautolan Male
GD Mar Sul (13009) - Human Male
JK Sa Ool (10051) - Kel Dor Male
PAD Droveth Kathera Vectivi (7377) - Human Male
- Teams must have a minimum of 4 participants, and a maximum of 6. For a team to qualify for placement, all posts must meet requirements in these rules and all members of the team must meet post number requirements. However, for participation alone, any individual meeting minimum post requirements will count towards his or her unit.
- Any member posting twice in a row will disqualify his team from placing - but not participation credit (e.g. if an entire team is dead, Johnny McDarthman can post twice in a row to get his own participation at the end of the event)
- Members must make 3 posts throughout the duration of the Run-On.
- Posts must meet the following requirements:
-Minimum post length: 250 +/- 10 words words
-Maximum post length: 2000 +/- 10 words.
- Points from placement are awarded to the unit of the placing team, irrespective of number of members on each team. E.g. if CNS Team A takes first place, and first place is worth 50 pts (example only), CNS gets 50 points, regardless of number of members on the team.
- Edits may occur on a post until a follow on post has been made (follow on posts include “reserving” a space). Edits may only be made by the posts original author (as in, if you have Forum Administration Rights, you cannot edit another member’s work).
- Members may reserve post, but no posts can occur until after the reserved post is written.
- Judging will follow the Fiction Rubric.
Civil War has befallen the Brotherhood. The Clans have split into three factions: the Loyalists, who have rallied behind Grand Master Ashen; the Rebels, following the banner of Jac Cotelin; and the New Order, led by the mysterious Sith Lord Esoteric. Each faction has stormed the surface of Korriban, establishing impressive fortifications and moving towards the Valley of the Dark Lords. Loyalists, Rebels, and the New Order clash across Korriban’s surface, all three attempting to gain control of the Valley of Dark Lords and the secrets it holds.
The Valley of Dark Lords has erupted in carnage, forces from every unit in the Brotherhood streaming into the ruins and temples, establishing makeshift defensive positions behind virtually every wall. Blood is spilled over every inch, each of the three sides gambling the lives of thousands of Jedi in an attempt to put an end to this conflict once and for all. The Loyalists, following Ashen’s command, seek to break through to the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, where the Disciples of Ragnos once sealed a chamber with writings on the Rite of Immortality. To open it, Ashen has sent three of his most skilled advisors in ancient dark rites and alchemy, but the way is not yet safe or clear for them, as the One Sith were originally entrenched in the Valley and still maintain a strong control over most of the area. Esoteric’s forces have a base of operations at the Tomb of Ajunta Pall, a fortified location that allows them a great deal of mobility throughout the Valley, which they use to harass any operations by the other two sides. The Adept Dantella Novae reluctantly commands Esoteric’s forces in the region, though she seems more interested in stealing the secrets of Marka Ragnos than in defending the Valley itself. Cotelin is seeking to contain and control whatever the Tomb of Marka Ragnos holds, through any means necessary… and before Ashen’s forces can reach it.
You and your team have found yourselves just outside one of the few entrances to the Valley of the Dark Lords. You know that inside the Valley, death and destruction have overtaken the ruins, but you also know that ultimately, victory for one side of the other is likely to come within the walls of the ancient tombs. Your runon should detail the battle within the Valley, and must illustrate (either through success or failure) at least one of the sides in the conflict - this will play a major role in your Story grade.
Teams will create their own run-on thread in the run-on category. Your lead post will include your team name, team members, and team pins. The lead post, containing team members, may not be edited unless you coordinate with the competition organizers (Mav and Sarin). If you so choose, you may paste in the prompt and rules into this lead post. This lead post may be used just as a header, does not abide by word count restrictions, may be followed by the same poster, but also does not count as one of the three posts a member must make. Good luck.
Notable indivudals sighted in or around the Valley of Dark Lords
Krath Pontifices, three of Lord Ashen’s most loyal Krath advisors, each having a viable claim to the future Krath High Priesthood, have been sent to the Valley of Dark Lords to open the Tomb of Marka Ragnos and retrieve whatever secrets it may hold.
Darth Necren, whose loyalty to the Dark Council was not in doubt… until she was seen working with bounty hunters loyal to the One Sith. Now a pariah, she has found her way alone to the Valley of Dark Lords, desperate to prove she still has value to the Brotherhood - though which Brotherhood is unknown.
Dantella Novae , a One Sith that helped the Brotherhood recover several of the artifacts necessary for the Rite of Supremacy, Novae has used the chaos of the Brotherhood’s Civil War to return to Esoteric’s side. She now seeks control of the Tomb of Marka Ragnos in order to gain its secrets.
Connor Grey, a rogue Jedi, arms dealer, and relic hunter, his allegiances are unknown. He knows the Valley of Dark Lords better than anyone, or at least so he claims.