A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

Lego TIE Fighter

KenathZoron

Great news for anyone who loves Lego (and let’s be honest, who doesn’t?). Coming in May 2015 is a UCS Lego TIE Fighter: see the link here.

I’m excited about it - 1,685 pieces, 19.5"x12"x12.5", which should line up well against the UCS X-Wing or B-Wings. The announcement says it’s at the USD $200 price point, so I’m expecting it to be about CAD $250. Time to start setting aside cash for it now!

The one knock I have is that it’s another larger version of an Imperial fighter that they’ve already released in a ton of different sets (the Lego Wikia tells me there are at least 8 versions of the the T/F that have been built). I really wish they’d have gone to a different TIE-series model, since the original T/F is pretty boring too. I would have loved an update to the 2010 T/D or an update the the T/I model they made in 2000.

BobeccVarga

That’s a really good looking Tie Fighter too. The $200 price tag makes it questionable if I’ll get it but it is really nice looking. That would be a great project to build.