A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

Minimum Character Count

AidanKincaid

So, apparently this new forum requires a minimum of 20 characters be entered before you can create a post or make a reply…

The Brotherhood does a lot of things that involve less-than-twenty characters (example: One-Word Run Ons).

There any way to remove this minimum requirement?

Riverche

now 5

KeirdaghCantor

I know it’s random, but maybe 4? Just thinking for a lot of runons and stuff where people just type “next”… dunno :stuck_out_tongue:

HalcyonRokir

Or 3…like “The”. You need that to start those One-word posts, or to start a new sentence at least.

KeirdaghCantor

Meh, we should probably aim at just abolishing one word runons, and make the standard 2 or 3 word runons. Lots of words are one or two letters long, adjusting for that would basically mean that the minimum character count not exist.

HalcyonRokir

Meh. No minimum character length is fine anyway? I don’t even know if that’s ever been much of an issue. “Oh noes, all these people just post one letter constantly!” :stuck_out_tongue: Eh, not a huge deal one way or another, but the whole minimum-count thing is a solution looking for a problem me thinks

MauroWynter

In terms of minimum character count, if there were violations of this if it were removed (multiple one character posts) would the admins on the board have the ability to simply delete them and put a ban on repeat offenders?

Riverche

Admins and moderators have the option to delete or edit any posts.