Naga Sadow Fiction Repository (37 ABY)

(Bentre Kairn'tel Sadow) #1

Contained in this subject will be a a record of Clan fiction for Clan Naga Sadow. This record will begin in 37 ABY.

(Bentre Kairn'tel Sadow) #2

This first fiction was contained in House Marka Ragnos’s Quaestor’s report by Muz Ashen Keibatsu on 01/15/2019, 5:27 PM, in the report Fanning the Flames. The fiction was comprised of 563 words.

Laboratory
Fallen Spear
Redacted Location

“So it falls to you again.” Bentre’s face evaporated in the swirl of holographic light, the projector dimming as he looked on. He turned briefly, black eyes falling upon the former Consul as he clasped his hands behind his back.

“Not entirely surprising, I suppose.”

Muz nodded, turning back to the device in front of them, a wounded bit of ancient technology, bleeding tiny nibs of crystals onto the workbench. He hadn’t really considered that Kojiro would retire so soon. Not that he blamed him. The scenario had changed so much, and the evacuation of their home system had taken a lot out of him. The counterstrike against Meridian station… Well, it was a good thing that Sadow had not gone alone. He picked up a non-conductive probe, gently prodding past the failing matrices, trying to nudge what seemed to be a poorly aligned power supply back onto the contacts as Locke stared on intently.

The warbling tone of waiting communication scraped across their ear. Then another. Then another. Locke smiled as the frequency changed, missives from the clan rerouting to the Lion’s datapad explaining and informing of the everchanging situation in the clan, the house. His house.

He set down the probe, turning to the datapad and keying in his access code. The datastream flew down the screen, his fingers stopping the feed suddenly. There were new names. He narrowed his eyes, reading the transcripts from the Shadow Academy. The man was a little old compared to some of those still studying at the academy, but the Brotherhood did not have the reach that the Republic, or even the Empire once had. Quentinshadows still had managed to make quick work of the lessons placed before him, and the reports showed an interest in some studies that would have flagged him for… inquisitorius attention under Pravus. Muz noted the dossier when the chirp came again. A new sensitive soldier, a Verpine with Force Affinity, already stacking up quite the kill count from the field reports. Hilgrif. Muz stared at the name, debating pronunciation options before the torrent of chirps came again. More names, familiar ones, unfamiliar ones. Finally, a live urgent. He thumbed the play key, the image flashing on the datapad rather than the holo.

Locke turned from the artifact, looking at the Lion, then at the datapad. “That code looks…” His eyes narrowed.

“It’s not fake, just very old.” Muz stared at it, his memory putting together the pieces. “The Mystics.” The words slipped from Muz’s mouth as realization hit him. The image shifted, the lines converting to a woman’s face, dark wavy hair and a half-smirk.

“Requesting Asylum, code Trill Aurek Resh three five nine.” The image broke up momentarily before reforming. Muz paused. Tarentum. It had been a while.

Muz tapped a command on his arm, the message sent to the bridge of the ship, telling them to prepare for a docking. “Situation?”

She paused, a hitch in her voice swallowed down before she continued. “My clan is gone. The castle is a ruin. The order has fallen. I am sorry, but the old alliance, we hoped that Sadow would honor it.”

Muz leaned forward. “Order?”

“Yridia was a waste, so we went to Antei. The Temple of Tiamat is a tomb. The Krath are gone.”

Muz stared directly back. “No, we are not.”

(Xolarin) #3

This fiction was by @LockeSonjie from the Night Hawk’s Report on February 4, 2019.

Baleen-class freighter Behemoth
Deep Space

The aging freighter’s command cabin was cramped and quiet, except for the quiet beeping of a console and the wave-like sound of the holo-projection in the center of the cabin. Locke Sonjie bowed to Muz’s surreal blue visage before making his report.

“The Journeymen you have placed in the 'Hawks service have performed well. Already, the Verpine’s - Hilgrif, was it? - mechanical skills have kept our transports flying when we thought we didn’t have the parts to keep them space-worthy. And the other, well, I walked into a cantina the other day and overheard a story of how Dakor saved a family from slavers and was rewarded by the regional government. Apparently, he’s quite the hero around this region of space.”

"It is not the preferred path," Muz said, "but it gets the job done."

“Indeed,” Locke agreed. “We will need allies and resources for the days ahead. I’ve let the Night Hawks serve in their own ways for now as you’ve instructed.”

Muz did not mince words. "We will need to focus the team as a sharpened blade in the future, but for now, keep it up."

Locke nodded and the holo-projection winked out, leaving the cabin dark. The Augur looked out at the stars, imagining that he could pick out Orian. They would return and take back what was their’s, sooner or later.

(Xolarin) #4

This was from Xolarin’s first HMR report on February 16, 2019.

District IV, Warehouse 89
Eden City, Yridia IX
37ABY

The dingy warehouse was full of crates, many dusty. It wasn’t as if they couldn’t be moved, but there was a lull in the operation. The scouts were out, bounties were being made and found, and there were customers for the goods. But something was amiss.

Xolarin strode across the small office, mumbling to himself as he thought back on the neglect he had caused with the small syndicate he had formed long ago. He slammed his fist on the desk nearest him. “It’s got to be out there,” he said to himself. And then out loud to no one, “I’ll find it, then we can move on with things here.”

His partner and main investor had backed out. Initially Xolarin did not need the money, but after the events of Clan Tarentum in the Brotherhood, financial assistance was required. So without that backing, it was easy to see that his business would crumble. He didn’t need any farsight for that. But his focus on dark artifacts were blinding him to other eventualities. What he didn’t see is that he needed guidance along with that fervent focus, lest he waste away in an alley.

Starport outside District I

One more planet he told himself. This was the last effort before he would give up and try something else. Maybe another object, maybe sync back up with the Brotherhood, maybe back to looking for details about his father or Turel or Dael.

“Nonesense!” Xolarin said out loud. A few nearby gave him a funny look but he didn’t care. His current state dictated a carelessness in many situations. His perceptive mind was still finely acute, but he couldn’t care less for the plebes around him in this city.

The cloaked Xolarin moved towards the main gate area for transports off the planet. It was a fairly busy day, comparatively speaking. That made it easier for him to blend in and make his way out without distractions from probing eyes or even competitors’ spies.

As he strode by a passer-by they bumped shoulders. A cold chill ran down his arm and torso and Xolarin looked back. The other cloaked figure looked back at Xolarin and eventually faced him. Xolarin cocked his eyes and squinted. There was something strange and yet familiar about the man.

“Lost?,” came a voice under the hood.

Xolarin continued his odd glare. “No.” So hard to read the man, no matter how hard he probed. Something was… different, for sure.

“So frenzied.”

Xolarin chortled at the notion. What did this guy know? He had his act together just fine. “I’m focused.”

The figure shook his head. “Let me help you. Focus your… focus.” He paused. “Xolarin.”

Xolarin suddenly felt a sort of calm within the chilled aura around the two of them. It almost felt like everything else went slow motion beyond their conversation. He spoke, slowly and now somber himself, the focus of his artifact waning just a tad. “How…” shaking his head but remaining hooked on the man. He knew there was truth to what the man offered. “What do…”

The other man grinned and interrupted. “Don’t be foolish. Follow me and get out of this pit.”

Xolarin was reticent at first, as he really didn’t feel Eden was a pit. Of course then he realized the man meant Xolarin’s work here or his constant searching. The fallen Jedi nodded eventually, intrigued about this far more than his other projects for sure. “Who are you?”

“Muz Ashen Keibatsu,” he said as he turned and began walking.

Xolarin’s eyes widened, knowing well the name, and eventually began to follow. This was NOT how he thought the day would go.

(Xolarin) #5

This was originally from a report by @MuzKeibatsu on February 28, 2019.

Private Office
ASD Fallen Spear
en route to landing zone

The static interfered with the transmission only for a moment. The scarred eye seemed to pulse as he thought it over, his voice slowly creaking back. “I’ve been…busy. But…”

Muz nodded at the man. He understood the feeling all too well, and would not have bothered him, were it not for…well, for what he sensed was down there in the dust. Kojiro would know that of him, after the past several years of working so closely with him personally. The former soldier nodded back, the hologram fading from view as he terminated the connection. Nothing more needed to be said.

About that anyway.

Muz turned from his desk, staring at the ancient frieze that hung behind him. figures, long dead, immortalized in the metal, locked forever in the pattern that kep their names known for centuries before becoming a footnote somewhere. Neglected, forgotten. It was a reminder to him, one pressing heavily on him ever since…

Xolarin cleared his throat, flipping through the feed. “Beside the Verpine Knight…” The datapad flickered, the incoming message icon playing across the man’s eyes. “Well, apparently, Plagueis is down there, too.”

Muz’s eyebrow raised.

"Seems that they are equally interested in whatever there is to take from this backwater. And…" Muz turned, facing the aedile, bidding without words for the man to continue. "You should read what Tavisaen has said…"

Muz stepped past the man, pausing as the door slid open, then stepping out into the hallway, making his way to the turbolift. "Unimportant." He let the word slip past his lips as he tilted his head. There was enough to do, and not enough time to do it. And if what Macron had felt corresponded to the itch he was starting to feel at the edges of his awareness…

The datapad chirped again, and Xolarin’s eyes flitted across the screen. “Locke.”

(Takagari "DarkHawk" KogaRyu) #6

House Shar Dakhan Veiled Curtain fiction can be found here
spanning January 11 through March 12, 2019. These were authored in Discourse by @MacronGoura and @Takagari .

(Tasha'Vel Versea) #7

From Tasha on 3/6

Blackguard Fiction

A cold chill permeated throughout the air as pairs of boots pattered heavily across marbled stone. It was dimly lit and one could feel a surge of dark energy surrounding the room. There were several marbled pillars that lined the walls and a few pedestals with Sith artifacts displayed. Angry humming could be heard from a nearby Sith Holocron and a statue with red crystal eyes seem to stare at two figures approaching the large marble doors with Sith symbols etched into them.

Both figures walked silently through the doors, one in full Sith armor decorated from head to toe and masked so none could see his face. The other dressed as a Mandalorian. As they passed through, they could feel an intimidating presence before them. Koji knew this feeling well, it was the Lion of Tarthos. Xuner also knew better than to disrespect the authority before him. Both were humbled in his presence and respectively bowed.

Muz however, was not the only one watching them, a human Corellian with a glowing-red Tukatan eye glared down towards the pair as he sat down on an antique chair, as though it were the finest throne. To his right, his auburn-haired Proconsul looked on silently. To the left of the seat, a hooded figure stood, her blue lekku hanging down freely. Meanwhile, across from the Lion of Tarthos stood another humanoid, this one clad in black stylized armor. The Clan Summit had been called, and the pair stood before the assembly.

Suddenly a commanding female voice split the silence as Tasha’Vel stood and walked towards Xuner and Kojiro.

“You have both performed admirably well and successfully completed your mission. Therefore as Captain of the Blackguards you are both hereby promoted to the status of blackguard. Kojiro, you have been a blackguard before and are familiar with combat, therefore I will be assigning you to guard Ashia Keibatsu.” She then turned towards Xuner.

“You have shown exceptional skill-” She was then interrupted by Bentre.

“You have shown,” Bentre interrupted, making a whimsical grasping motion in the air as he sought the words, “exceptional valor and spunk. As such, I am claiming you as my Black Guard. You can ask your fellows before you, I will likely abuse my authority over you over the course of this arrangement.” The Warlord pointed at Xuner expectantly. “You have shown proficiency. To those who show capability, more is expected. It’s a blessing, it’s a curse, it’s a pain in the arse. I will be taking time to help refine you into a tool, for the good of the Clan, for the good of our Empire, and to your own gain.”

Stahoes waved a hand dismissively as he flashed an aloof smile… "For now though, both of you will go with the nice blue lady with the head tentacles. I am sure she has some tasks before you get released to my tender care of myself and Ashia…"

The Twi’lek looked up at the Consul, her face twisting just slightly from the playful jab.

“Right, as Bentre stated you will become his Blackguard, Xuner. Congratulations on achieving this status. I look forward to how you will deal with those who oppose our Clan’s leaders. For now you are both dismissed.”

From Tasha on 3/11:

A hot sun sat high in the sky above the as of yet unnamed planet, beating down on the desert area below. On the surface of the planet, surrounded by sand as far as the eye could see, were a few broken pillars and pieces of stone that marked the entrance to an ancient temple of sorts that dove deep, deep underground. Tasha’Vel wiped some sweat off her brow as she walked along the surface, checking out some of the Sith symbols etched on one of the pillars. Throwing her lekku back, she examined the symbols a bit closer. Meanwhile, nearby a Kel Dor was leaned up partly against the door of their transport. He flipped his trusty blaster a few times in his hand before adjusting the brim of his hat. Both of them had been assigned to help the other teams with extraction from the planet. After reading the symbols for a few moments, Tasha’Vel turned around to her counterpart and smiled a bit.

“That’s a nice blaster you have. How good is your aim?” she asked as she picked up a nearby small boulder and tossed it up into the air.

The boulder exploded into a puff of grey dust and rubble as the Raider instinctively fired his blaster at the airborne target.

“Good enough,” he answered.

Just then, the ground began to shake violently, as both Rollmaster and Quaestor struggled to stay upright.

“What in the nine - ”

Tasha’Vel was cut short as several droids emerged from underground and began to shoot hot plasma at the pair. She leaped to the side towards a huge marble pillar as TuQ’uan tucked and rolled against a huge boulder opposite of her.

“I don’t know what exactly happened, but I think we somehow tripped the self defense systems of this temple!” Tasha’Vel yelled out as she pulled out her lightsaber and ignited it with a crackling snap-hiss.

“Let’s see if they like fresh hot lightsaber.”

She then threw her violet whirling lightsaber towards one of the droids approaching and sliced it in half.

“That’s one!” the Marauder exclaimed as the blade went into an arc, taking out the one next to it as it flew back to the Twi’lek’s hand.

“Two!”

There were still eight droids out there firing at both of them. The Infiltrator pulled out a small round electromagnetic pulse grenade and threw it into the midst of the droids. A blue electric field blasted through all of the droids as it detonated, rendering them useless. They all fell over in a heap.

“Eight,” replied the Reaver.

The Twi’lek grinned as she made her way from behind the marble pillar and inspected the pile of trashed droids. “Well now, I guess you win that round. I just hope we don’t trip any more defense systems unless you can do that trick a second time. So we still going to keep count then, winner buys the other a drink?”

TuQ’uan nodded. “Sure, sounds good to me.”

The mercenary surveyed the pile of antique droids that now littered the ground, they were rusted and falling apart but surprisingly quite functional for something so old and not maintained.

“First pirates, now droids. Honestly, this planet is much more interesting than I thought it would be.” He gave a quiet chuckle before remembering the mission at hand and activating his comlink. “All teams, report in. What’s going on in there?”

A flurry of noise filtered through their comms as the teams in the temple below attempted to report their situations simultaneously. Between the overlapping chatter and the blaster fire filtering through in the background the Kel Dor could make out only one thing repeated over and over. Droids. Lots of droids.

Tasha’Vel and TuQ’uan were shaken from the distraction as another quake rocked the ground beneath the unlikely duo followed. This time however it was followed by a steady rumble as another, larger wave of droids emerged from the temple entrance.

“We….ot…thing big. R…turning…ow,” an indecipherable voice called out through the comchannel.

“Repeat that, you’re breaking up,” TuQ’uan growled as the comms went dead.

The Marauder’s cheerful demeanor halted slightly at the disruption. Her thoughts turned towards the teams trying to get out. Hilgrif would be making his way out, as well as Scudi on Plagueis’s side not to mention many others. Shaking her head to clear her mind a bit, the Twi’lek readied herself.

“Well, it looks like you might be buying the drinks,” Tasha’Vel smirked, her reignited lightsaber swinging down in a powerful arc as she leapt into the fray.

“Oh, I don’t think so!” he cried out and fired off a volley of plasma, joining the fight side by side with a friend.

(Xolarin) #8

Originally posted in a HMR March report.

Planet of Investigation
37ABY

Things were happening. And not just in a dingy office or mediocre apartment in Eden City. This was big, almost as big as the last great war in which Xolarin participated more actively. But of course this was far more positive - there was very little carnage going on during these days and weeks.

The fallen Jedi was at a console in a forward operating station on the surface. The reports were still coming in and things were looking good. There was no super weapon or galactic-ruling artifact glowing in power. But tips and hints and actual pieces were coming in for investigation. Mid-stream his holoprojector chimed. “Yes, my lord?” It was Muz.

”Report,” came the voice of the image of his master in the House. It wasn’t demanding or cold, just to the point.

”Looking good, master.” Xolarin tapped a few buttons on his console to send a brief summary so far. “I think we may have a few items, or at least some some prospects. I know if I can just–”

Muz interrupted. “But what do you feel?”

Xolarin paused a moment, perplexed. With all of Xolarin’s powers, he could sift through the findings in no time, but… a light bulb went off, though. He breathed in deeply and exhaled audibly. “We have something,” he responded, pausing again. Was it a real feeling or wishful thinking? Either way, something told him that last statement was right.

Before Xolarin could respond, Muz spoke again. “Any prospects for the Night Hawks?”

Xolarin chortled a bit to himself, having been thinking about it as well. “A couple.”

(Xolarin) #9

Originally posted by @TashavelVersea via CNS RM report.

Tasha’Vel looked over the rising sun as she wiped some sweat from her brow. She turned to her Kel’dor friend in the wide brim hat and nodded as she closed the hatch to the transport.

“That’s the last of them. Let’s get out of here!”

The transport roared to life, as Hilgrif, Calenhad, Ciara, and a few others buckled in.

“Ladies and Gents, congratulations you have made it out alive and secured some goodies. Now take a breather. TuQ’uan and I have got your backs. We will be back to our respective fleets soon.”

The transport had left the planet and stars could be seen out of the transport windows. It had been a long haul, but the job was finished. Tasha’Vel smiled at the two clan groups. They had done well and together they accomplished their goals. She hoped to see more interactions with the fellow Plagueans in the future. Perhaps they would be great allies.

Only the future could tell. For now she leaned back against her seat and let out a relieved sigh. TuQ’uan chuckled to himself as gave his trusty blaster one more spin in his hand before holstering it.

“So about that bet.”

Tasha’Vel put a hand to her head.

“Right, I will be sure to take you out to your favorite bar when we get back.”

(Xolarin) #10

This was initially written by @Takagari in the HSD Report from 22 April 2019.

Mauder Class Corvette Daragon
Orbiting Planet Reliquary

The Quaestor ubruptly left the bridge after starring at the large main viewing screen for hours. DarkHawk had been studying the planet and monitoring the orbital scans to gauge his next move. After the joint endeavor of both Clan Naga Sadow and Plagueis, the newly discovered world is ripe for the taking of its resources as well as the secrets it holds. DarkHawk, convinced something of significant importance is hidden somewhere on its surface. After exploring the planet with fellow Sith brethren Wrathus of Clan Plagueis, encountering insurgents, the indigenous people and the militant forces that had been engaged, something was being protected, DarkHawk just knew it.

As DarkHawk left the bridge, he pondered the last twenty four hours. Earlier Master Sanguinius Entar had dispatched Knight Xuner Holst along with a squad of Shar Dakhan’s resident SPECOPS Rangers back to Reliquary for a bit of a more in-depth exploration mission. Xuner had radioed back to Daragon over an hour ago informing the command ship of the team’s return.

DarkHawk headed towards his Aedile’s office, the Sith wondered why the return was taking so long, no hailing frequencies were getting through. The Quaestor reached the Aedile’s office and a single solid knock broke the silence of the corridor.

“Enter…” a muffled voice stated.

DarkHawk entered the office to find his Master diligently shuffling through a stack of papers.

“Ahh DH, any progress as of yet?

“No Master, Xuner should have been back by now.”

A small smile broke across the Augur’s face, “I don’t know who is more excited, you or him…”

“Its both bitter sweet Master…”

Just then a COMM hail filled the Aedile’s office, “Augur Entar, we have exploration team on radar, we will be starting landing Sequence directly…”

“Very well, inform Knight Xuner to report to my office immediately the Quaestor and I will be waiting…” the Son of Sadow stated.

Shortly after the communications call, another solid knock came over the Aedile’s office door. The Augur permitted the visitor to enter, the door slid open, Xuner reluctantly entered the room.

“How was the mission…? asked the Augur.

“Sir, I am happy to report our findings, several different types of significant mineral deposits that are already in the process of being mined. We could not get close to the Citadel as opposing forces…”

“Do you think the mission was a failure…? Asked DarkHawk

“I don’t understand Sir…” Xuner replied.

“It’s a simple question Xuner, do you think the mission was a failure?

Xuner took a moment to ponder the question and still could not completely understand where his Quaestor was coming from.

“Well Sir, in the means of coming back with resources, then yes, the Decimator was not the correct choice of ship for a supply run, as far as the mission, I would say no. I do have more intel on the Citadel to aide in our infiltration mission , we can however claim those mineral resources for ourselves immediately…”

The Augur stood up from his desk, “Xuner you have come a long way, I will keep an eye on you as I step back from my duties here.” Sanguinius said.

“I don’t understand Sir…”

Sanguinius gestured to the adjoining door to the House’s main briefing room. As the door whisked open, Xuner saw most of his House member standing at attention. “Xuner if you please…” DarkHawk said gesturing his Knight to enter.

The three men entered the briefing room and stood in front of the stoic House members.

DarkHawk took control of the room and spoke, “As you all may know, my Master, our Aedile, has decided to step down and pass on his duties. Though it is a loss for the House and the Clan to lose such leadership, we are garnering another to help lead this House into our new horizons. Master Sang will continue to be present to counsel the House, his expertise and leadership will not be far any of the Clan Summits. That being said, I would like for all you to recognize and welcome House Shar Dakhan’s newest Aedile, Knight Xuner Holst…!"

(Bentre Kairn'tel Sadow) #11

This was originally posted by @XunerHolst in a report on May 2nd, 2019, in:
The First of Hopefully Many

You return home from [a mission, training, shopping, etc.] to find a datapad and a holoprojector laid out before you. The holoprojector appeared to be in a state of near death, seen by the many cracks along the frame and glass lens. On the other hand, the datapad is in pristine condition, a complete antithesis to the projector. You activate the datapad and the holoprojector slowly flickers to life. Revealed before you is a Sith Human Male. His pale face destroyed by scarring, his eyes burning as if his soul was lit aflame, faintly hiding a glance of suffering within. A smile, sickening like a plague, carved into his face staring deeply into space. His hulking frame dominates over you. With a quick twitch of his head, his voice cracking from his throat.

“Hello. I have yet to properly introduce myself. For that, I apologize. Let us rectify that, shall we? I am Xuner Holst. I am the new Aedile of House Shar Dakhan and Blackguard to the Overlord of Naga Sadow, Bentre Stahoes. I live to serve; to fight; to kill.” The final words were spoken by Xuner in a deep rumbling manner, emphasizing his favored role and purpose. His head jerked to the left, this time with more force as his neck uttered an audible crack.

“And now, you will too. More than before.” The holoprojector sputtered and short-circuited, dying out like an old source of light.

(Xolarin) #12

A joint effort by @TashavelVersea and @Xolarin in the May 2019 HMR report and as a result of the Scrounging comp series.

Ryloth
37ABY

It had been far too long since Tasha’Vel had last been down into the deep dark depths of her Estate. She walked down the dark hallway towards the artifact’s room and opened the door. Inside were several rows of various Rylothian historical artifacts, several different trinkets, old heirlooms, and various other items on the shelves in front of her. As interesting as these items were, there was one artifact that she was looking for. She turned to the left of the room and walked forwards a couple steps towards a glass pedestal holding a dark brown box that was covered by a glass display casing.

She removed the glass casing and carefully lifted the dark brown box from its holding place. She blew off the dust as she opened the lid. Inside a purple velvet lining, lay a beautifully designed dagger.

The Dagger

The dagger had a dark grey blade with a golden hilt. The hilt itself had a crimson serpent wrapped around it that seemed to be glaring at whoever opened the box. As she looked to the side there was an haiku inscription written in beautiful calligraphy. It read:

“Darkness closes in
Insurmountable rage builds
Fear soon grips the heart”

This was no ordinary dagger. Tasha’Vel gently lifted the blade from the box and held it. Almost instantly she could feel a dark energy pulsating within the dagger as if it were alive.

“It has been awhile since I went searching for you Chyria. I never thought I would find you again after I finished that escapade with Morriban. Xolarin is going to love seeing you.”

She gently tucked the blade back into its protective case and closed the lid of the dark brown box. The Rollmaster carried the box back with her to The RavenBloodStar, her T70 starship.

Clan Naga Sadow Fleet

Soon she was flying back from her native home of Ryloth back towards the Naga Sadow Fleet. Turning on her communicator she called the Marka Ragnos Aedile.

“Greeting Xolarin, I have come with a nice surprise for you when I come aboard. If you could meet me in the hangar bay, I would love to show you what I found in my little collection of artifacts.”

“Sounds great, I will be waiting.”

After a few moments of catching up to the flagship, she landed in the hangar. She saw the tan-skinned, mostly bald human waiting for her in the docking bay. After jumping out of her ship, she greeted Xolarin and brought out the dark brown box.

‘It took me a long while to find this artifact, but it is an old Sith Dagger from Morriband that had a haiku inscription about the dark side within this box. I know you were wanting some artifacts, so I thought I would let you have the one I found a long time ago.”

The human smiled as he carefully took the dark brown box from the Twi’lek.

“Thank you Lady Tasha, I will be sure and add it to my own collection. So what are your plans now?”

The Marauder smiled back as she walked alongside him.

“To train up the new journeyman and prepare for the time when we will return to our home.”

Xolarin’s Sanctum
Corvette Remorseless
Clan Naga Sadow Fleet

As a student of dark rituals and lately artifacts, Xolarin loved the gift his superior gave him. Or rather gave the House. Xolarin would be the new caretaker, but its purpose was for Marka Ragnos.

Xolarin sat in the middle of the floor of his office, which he had started to call his sanctum aboard the ship, the Remorseless he had sort of claimed. He was in an was an office, with a small meeting room, a meditation chamber like he was in now, and adjacent quarters. It had a quick route to a small hangar bay where he landed his Panther Delta shuttle. But the Mystic meditated, using tools from his old Jedi training to focus on the artifact Tasha had given him.

He was studying it, diving into it with his mind, following the tendrils of the Force as they flowed through the object and in and around it. The dagger was old, and had great value to those who created it, later to those who inscribed it, and especially to those who imbued it with dark energies. It was a powerful object.

This would not have been as great a find as what the two clans found during their major operation, but it was a great find for the House and for Xolarin. It would help fuel him as he served the great Muz, it would help fuel the troops, officers, agents, and heroes of House Marka Ragnos.

After probably hours of study and meditation on the dagger, the fallen Jedi muttered some words out loud, barely having a chance to echo off the walls. “Darkness closes in…” Xolarin’s eyes shot open and he grasped the dagger from its floating position in front of him. He looked at it, set it down in the box, and breathed in deeply to let out a sigh.

Moments later he was heading to The Panther and had opened a comm signal to the command deck. “Inform Grand Master Muz I will be joining him within the hour.”

The Dark Jedi went towards the shuttle, the brown box in hand to keep safely with him for now. The omen was clear to him now, and the House and Clan needed to act.