Rebels Rundowns [Spoilers]

Quite true. The Clone Wars are super kiddy in the first season, too. I don’t think it’s fair to compare Rebels Season 1 to Clone Wars Season 6.

Oh man that scene was dark. I kinda liked those buffoons when I saw the inquisitor walk behind them I honestly gasped. I think it’s about to get a bit more gritty now that Tarkin is in the mix.

Ok so I don’t want to let any spoilers out because I know not everyone has seen the most recent episode but I have to say something about it. It was to this point the best use of the majestic score of John Williams that I have heard outside of Empire Strikes Back.

I was so up and down emotionally with the episode because the music made me be that way. I was on the edge of my seat, then I was triumphant, I was pensive and scared, I mean the whole gauntlet of emotions in a 30 minute episode. So well done. One of my favorite episodes so far aside from the one with Yoda in that weird temple under the mountain.

I get that saber battles need to be cinematic and all; but always with the giant rooms with many levels of thin catwalks?

Is everyone that’s building something in the Star Wars universe contracting the same architect with a fetish for tight rope walking?

1 Like

Let’s talk season finale.

SPOILERS!!!

What an episode! Awesome lightsaber duel, Ashoka, Vader! All around great piece. I think we’re starting to see the show take shape.

A review I read mentioned how double bladed saber versus dual wielded sabers seems like the next step before the cross guard saber in Ep 7. I thought it was great. Super fun. And I’m excited to see grown up Ashoka in action next season.

I have a feeling they may end up down playing her part a touch. A fan favorite like that could easily end up stealing the show from the new cast of characters.

1 Like

I don’t think she will be in ever episode, but the last Rebels Recon video suggested she will come in and out regularly. At least more than brief premiere/finale appearances. Same with Vader, who I suppose is the new villain now that the Inquisitor is surprisingly dead…

Oh man when Tarkin came down the ramp and said the Emperor had a solution to replace the inquisitor I knew it had to be Vader. Even still when I heard the first breath a did a fanboy squeal and got this stupid smile on my face.

I dont really care for Ashoka, I’ve been told she becomes more tolerable as the Clone Wars went on but I guess I never got that far. I honestly had the same issue with Ezra (still hate the name) but he seemed to grow up quickly and get passed that phase to me.

I actually read the Rebels novel and it really fleshes out Kanan and Hera. Its also a pretty good adventure. I’d really like to see their relationship develop. I also want to see Kanan discover that Vader is Anakin and see how that goes.

Also a question. So do they some how retcon these characters to fit into the OT or do they kill them off? Personally I’m in the camp with Harrison Ford “Just kill him off”

Well, it’ll certainly be interesting to see Ashoka meet Vader…Yeah, she’ll die in that fight.

Well, just like in real life dictatorships, the people who are going to get ahead aren’t going to be the idealists, or the freethinkers; it’ll be the bastards who agree with, or are willing to fall in line with, the Empire’s racist, supremacist philosophy, or the ones the Emperor can easily manipulate, It would not surprise me if the ones with talent, but a freethinking mindset all had “accidents” courtesy of higher ups like Tarkin.

I also read the novel and very much enjoyed it. I’m not sure I’d like Kanan’s character as much if I didn’t know the backstory. He’s a bit of a douche otherwise.

Yea…gotta happen eventually but hopefully they take a lot of time building up to it. For example, does Ashoka even know Vader is Anakin? I doubt it.

But if they do meet, do you think we’ll see a glimpse of Vader’s later turn back to the light at seeing his old apprentice again? (spoiler alert?)

Let’s see if we can get this thread going again!

What are people’s thoughts on season three so far? I am a fan of Thrawn, but overall I think the season has been slow. There have been a lot of one off filler episodes (like Warhead) and while the latest with Sabine training to use the dark saber was interesting, it still feels like a delay tactic.

The entire reveal of Obi-Wan and the path to “destroy” the Sith was fantastic. And it shows that Kanan/Ezra are not meant to destroy the Sith (which we already knew), and it will be interesting to see what happens to those two as they cannot stay on the board forever.

Warhead was filler, but I did like the Sabine-episode as she’s a character we really haven’t delved into much over the years.

I’ve generally enjoyed this season and the little cat-and-mouse game going on. There are a few big threads running (Thrawn, Mandalorians & Sith/Maul stuff), meaning the end of the season will be huge.

Agreed! The Maul v Kenobi battle should be epic. These things always build up to huge two part finales, but this seasons seems to have more filler than others. Alternatively, perhaps I am less starved for Star Wars content these days and thus setting a higher bar.

I suspect this season will end with Maul v Kenobi and Mandalorians v Thrawn. Skeptical they take out Thrawn after only one season, but the last two season villains have died so…