A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

[Shar Dakhan] House Fiction Updates

MoraxDarkblade

The Lion’s Tooth
Quaestors Office
Sepros
34 ABY

Half expecting the seat to fall apart or some sort of Sith alchemy trap to be sprung, Darkblade felt slightly anxious as he sat down in the chair of the Quaestor’s office in the Lion’s Tooth. He knew his return to the Clan would cause mixed feelings. Some would applaud his return, whilst others would plot from the shadows to see him removed for good. Having no delusion that he was not always welcomed in Naga Sadow, the Anzat felt it unnecessary to divulge information that he had been sent to Plagueis to spy.

Let my enemies come. the Dark Jedi thought as he rested his arms on his chair. Sinking into the seat behind the desk, the Anzat envisioned House Shar Dakhan rising above all other Houses, leaving the weak behind or dead in the ashes. The current Summit trusted the Dark Jedi’s motives, for now. His helping hand during the Inquisition surge on the Shadow Academy had earned their trust. No resentment towards the Anzat had been shown once it was clear that he would become the new Quaestor of House Shar Dakhan.

Reaching down to a datapad on his desk, he quickly read who his appointed Aedile was. Definitely not his first choice, the Anzat was rather amused that this particular person was chosen, and it felt more of a test to see if Darkblade could lead the House with subordinates that were meant to make this position a life threatening station.

Taking a deep breath, Darkblade let the Force flow through him to calm his mind and steel himself for the confrontation that would come. Bentre Stahoes would not be an easy person to manipulate, much less be someone he could leave out of sight. The Warrior was known to be on the border of insanity at times. Their past history and how it connected to everything up to this very moment in history made it impossible to make amends. His recent marriage with Tasha’vel Versea did not make the situation any better either. A flashback of how the Anzat had consumed her grandfather’s spirit brought a slight smile to his face.

However, the simple-minded view of Bentre could prove useful to use against him. Whereas the Warrior relied on using brute strength and combat to overpower his foes, Darkblade would have to avoid such confrontations, using tactical and strategic moves. This game was in his favour if he played it carefully.

The Serpent, as Sanguinius had dubbed the Anzat upon his returning to the Clan, stood up from his chair and called out towards the guards standing outside the office.

“Bring me my Aedile, it is time to meet this unfortunate creature and judge his worth.” Darkblade said, as he sank back into his chair, brooding on how to turn this first meeting into a favourable one for him.

The Lions Tooth
Aedile’s Office
Sepros
34 ABY

This was certainly not the way that Bentre had envisioned it in his mind. When he turned on the light, he could see a thin layer of dust upon the simple desk. The former Aedile had apparently not yet moved her personal effects from the room yet. A large painting of Ryloth, which even the Corellian had to admit was quite splendid, hung upon the wall. There were still papers and datapads on the desk. The air was stuffy and warm, as opposed to the cooler temperatures of the hallway. This room seemed to speak more of the individual than the position. It was simple and functional, which was fine by the Sith.

I am sure she left plenty for me to do.

Stahoes had not expected to find himself in this surprisingly spartan office. When Viru had vacated her office, he had been sure his tenacity and drive would have seen him raised to the office of Quaestor. Especially after the success of Operation: Cobalt, it was clear my work in Devil’s Shroud had been to some measure successful, surely? But no, couldn’t have a kriffin’ chance to prove myself in the position. Instead they reach out of the Clan. Wouldn’t even be that bad, but they chose that power-chasing waste of skin to fill the office. He left the Clan to pursue power, and then expects to slip back in like nothing happened. What was Locke-

As a growl escaped his lips, Stahoes took a moment to compose himself. He had little issue with the Consul, save a few inconsequential philosophical ones of course. He didn’t need to be striking out at the man when his issue was with the Anzat. It is interesting though, he mused. How weedling and cowardly his ilk are. There are scarier things in the shadows than Krath worms. Perhaps one of the days I will introduce him to one of them.

It didn’t really matter though. He would serve his position as Aedile, even if he refused to subjugate himself to the thrice-damned Anzat. Who knows, maybe Bentre would even do the man a favor. Perhaps he would make him known as the first Quaestor in Clan history to be murdered by his Aedile in office.

In the meantime I will have to get this room more to my liking than our former Aedile’s.

A knock at his chamber doors turned Bentre’s thoughts away from remodeling.

“Darkblade has asked for your presence,” a voice announced through the door.

The Lion’s Tooth
Quaestors Office
Sepros
34 ABY

Bentre stood before Darkblade in the Quaestor’s office, a derisive smirk on his lips. “So, the parasite called for me? Did you need something from me, or have you already decided on further ways to undermine our Clan?” The barest flash of what the Corellian was sure was anger teased in the Anzat’s eyes. “Or were you perhaps trying to orchestrate the demise of your less desirable elements, like a certain Grand Master we know?” The smirk turned into a sneer.

“Your lack of respect is an interesting approach to this conversation, Bentre Stahoes.” the Anzat stated matter of factly. “I thought you would be pleased to know I wouldn’t be around so much. This Lion’s Tooth reeks of madness and seems more suitable for you. My presence here was only to wrap up an interrogation with a Dominion member, on Locke’s orders, and I will be leaving for the Covenant shortly. You question my loyalty to the Clan, an offense I will not tolerate again. Tread carefully Warrior, or you will find yourself in the depths of Lion’s Tooth cellars lost forever in your own twisted mind.” Darkblade said as he rose from behind the desk, the threat implied was clearly received.

The room seemed to darken as the two members stared at each other. The Dark Side emanated from both figures, flooding the office with oppressive energy. A cool smirk from the Corellian answered the threat. You really think you are a danger to me?, it seemed to silently challenge. His eyes, mismatched hazel and glowing red, studied the face of the Anzat awaiting a reaction.

It was clear there was no love between the Aedile and his Quaestor, but both knew that it was in the House’s best interest to keep their hostility towards each other as contained as possible, and away from public eye.

Darkblade broke eye contact with his defiant Aedile, ending their contest of willpower.

“Whatever your issue with me is, keep it between us. There is no reason to show the House we are not on equal terms. For a divided leadership will further divide Shar Dakhan. We do not want that to happen at any cost.” The Anzat spoke wearily.

“As long as you don’t give me cause to regret working alongside you.” Having said all he cared to the Corellian turned around and walked toward the door and exited the room. The Quaestor could see his Aedile was shaking. Out of fear or out of rage, he did not know.

MoraxDarkblade

In chronological order, the following events took place, the last link being the latest fictional update. They are canon and have pushed the House fiction forward.

MoraxDarkblade