A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

Sins of the Father - Personal Fiction

CadenItharus

Author’s note: Please do not post in this thread. This is my own personal storyline, and while it will be expanded upon to encompass the Clan at a future date, this is a narrative for my own character’s evolution.

Whisper

Long have I awaited this moment.

For millennia, I was trapped, imprisoned by the Jedi of old.

They thought me defeated.

They thought my armies slain.

They thought I was just a legend, made to frighten small children…

37 ABY

Unknown planet in Wild Space

Ruins of an advanced cloning facility

Oh, where do we begin?

Dressed in black and violet robes, and covered in silvered armor plating that complimented his tall, slender form, the super-human clone assassin D’hak slammed his gauntleted fist into the blast door, feeling it start to crumple before him. Again and again he struck until he had buckled the door, which he then peeled and ripped out of the frame.

Stepping through carefully, D’hak kept a wary hand on one of his lightsabers as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. Snow white hair whispered at his shoulders as the air flowed inside the laboratory, and the dark-skinned, six foot tall assassin crept carefully through the facility where he himself had been created twenty years ago.

The rubble…

The facility had been destroyed long ago, but the broken walls and damaged doors could not bar his path as he made his way further, checking the device in his hand every so often. There was a clear energy surge in the heart of the building, and he had to know what was happening. The assassin stopped as he caught sight of the room he had been created in, and stared in wonder at a new growth tank.

D’hak rubbed his gauntleted hand across the new glass tube and narrowed his eyes suspiciously as he saw what was floating inside - a young teenage boy, with platinum blond hair, held in stasis within a capsule filled with an unknown cocktail of chemicals. All manner of wires and equipment monitored his growth as he floated inside. He glanced down at the control panel and read the young clone’s designation: Delta-class, NXG-2.

…or our sins?

The masked clone stepped confidently inside the last intact structure, a small room clearly made to host the town’s meetings. There, the surviving Harakoans and colonists huddled together, their fear screaming loudly in the Force. With a slow, deliberate motion, he drew back his hood and peeled the carved steel mask from his face as he looked each of them over. Some were injured, some appeared exhausted, and one little girl cried as the clone raised the doll she had left behind in the street in his gauntleted fist.

The masked clone smirked as he raised one hand above his head. Surrounded in a shell of energy, he was untouchable, and his fingers clawed as if he was grasping at something above him. The Jedi of Odan-Urr felt the crushing weight of the Force as he gathered it to him. His hand smoked with darkness, his fingertips crackled with lightning, and the heroes of Clan Odan-Urr watched in dismay as their enemy dealt them a cruel smirk. He slowly clenched his fist before punching it into the ground with a reverberation that knocked everyone else to their feet.

Grey clouds rolled over the hills and drifted above the city as the wind slowly picked up. The smell of flowers filled the air, in quiet contrast to the faint sounds of battle echoing through the streets. A great shadow began to cover the city below, and the clouds were brutally ripped apart as the forward portion of a Nebula-class Star Destroyer pierced through them. Despite his injuries, Admiral Fiarr’ges stood at the helm in a proud salute as the city below came rushing towards him.

They thought wrong.

Nathan greeted the robed and armored intruder with a warm smile. “D’hak?” The super-human clone locked eyes with the young boy. D’hak rested his hands on his lightsabers as the boy hesitated, then eye-balled his former master suspiciously. “Master, what are you doing here?”

D’hak removed his lightsabers, flicked them behind him, and activated both blades.

CadenItharus

Monsters

D’hak hurled his wicked, double-edged blade through the air at the old man’s back. He turned at the last minute and with a deft swipe, he sliced the weapon in half. Seizing upon the distraction, the old man was skewered by a lightsaber through the side.

I would love to take credit for that, but it was Randir that took him down. I helped. The old man’s padawan didn’t take too kindly to it, and Randir fell in battle pretty quick. Mission accomplished.

“You killed my master,” the young man repeated through clenched teeth. His neatly trimmed beard and blond hair was drenched with sweat, the result of the arduous 2v1v1 battle he had been engaged in. Towering above him at six feet tall, D’hak, the Krath Tetrarch of the Dark Orb Phyle, sneered back at him.

“He was in the way. In your way. The Force is strong in you; become my apprentice, and I can make it even stronger. You may even be as powerful as I, someday.” The padawan snarled and swung forward madly, but D’hak blocked his frantic blows and planted a kick into his chest.

My story doesn’t really begin here. Doesn’t really end here either. Frak, I don’t even know why I’m starting here. I guess everything begins somewhere, and if you ever hope to truly see the way forward, you have to see the path behind you first.

“Feel the hatred boil inside you!” D’hak taunted, blocking more swings. “Feel the power of the Dark Side!” The young padawan suddenly dropped low and kicked upwards, catching D’hak by surprise. He stumbled and was thrown into the wall by the next Force-enhanced kick. As the padawan approached, D’hak leapt into action, turning the tables against him as the battle continued.

I didn’t walk this kriffing path. It’s not like I volunteered or anything. Randir was just another crazy Dark Sider, trying to destroy Clan Arcona. The old man, while an excellent combatant, was outnumbered and slaughtered by us. Me. Him. The other me. I guess I sealed my own fate when I killed this young guy’s master.

The padawan raised D’hak’s stolen lightsaber, a violet Ripper design, for the final blow as D’hak grabbed him with his free arm and leapt backwards, throwing them both off the catwalk that hung suspended over the mess of computer terminals and desks that littered the room. They leapt to their feet quickly, but the padawan wasn’t quick enough. Retrieving both lightsabers, D’hak backed the padawan against the wall, threatening him with the two weapons. “You should have joined me,” the tall, dark-skinned man taunted. “You are very impressive indeed. The Force is very strong in you. One last chance; join me. Become my apprentice in the Dark Side of the Force.” The young padawan leaned forward and spat his reply through his teeth.

I suppose we all seal our own fate. We make our own monsters. Death sticks, Glitterstim, ale and brandy; the rashness of youth, the arrogance of anger and not enough defeats. You can’t save people from themselves. Don’t even get me started on people. There are two kinds of people in this galaxy; the kind I like, and the kind I should’ve killed when I had the chance…

“You have run out of luck this time, boy,” D’hak chided the young man as he swung both lightsabers forward. They clattered to the ground, useless, as D’hak looked into Sebastian’s eyes with confusion in his own. The two halves of D’hak’s blade hovered in the air, dripping blood as D’hak’s body slumped forward, landing near his severed arms. The padawan snarled and thrust a hand downwards, sending the razor-sharp blades through both sides of D’hak’s rib cage. The blades curved underneath the catwalk and floated back in front of the vengeful young Jedi.

We make our own monsters.

37 ABY
Unknown planet in Wild Space
Ruins of an advanced cloning facility

Dressed in black and violet robes, and covered in silvered armor plating that complimented his tall, slender form, the super-human clone assassin D’hak slammed his gauntleted fist into the blast door, feeling it start to crumple before him. Again and again he struck until he had buckled the door, which he then peeled and ripped out of the frame.

Stepping through carefully, D’hak kept a wary hand on one of his lightsabers as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. Snow white hair whispered at his shoulders as the air flowed inside the laboratory, and the dark-skinned, six foot tall assassin crept carefully through the facility where he himself had been created twenty years ago.

He had awoken in a violent daze. One minute, he had watched as a steel catwalk faded from his sight, excruciating pain in his arms throbbing through his brain. The next minute, he was in a tube, floating, listening to the rush of bacta as it flooded out into a laboratory. Standing above the littered corpses of security droids and scientists, a lone man greeted him with a friendly hand. Solan Morakei, the father of Elleron Morakei. Both of those Jedi would later cross his path, when it was they who needed his help. Life is not without its little ironies.

The super-human clone of D’hak checked a handheld scanner. There was a clear power source here, on this planet. That could only mean something bad was about to happen. He hadn’t been made to save children from monsters.

Three years earlier…

As D’hak and Solan continued their frantic duel, Elleron knelt in front of a much smaller boy, looking over his injuries with eyes that varied between blue sapphires and green emeralds in the fading light of sunset. “You’re Laethan, aren’t you? D’hak’s apprentice?” Laethan looked up at Elleron and nodded weakly. He had been stabbed through the stomach, and his life was fading. “And you’re sick?” That wasn’t the worst of his troubles; being possessed by the spirit of an ancient Dark Jedi Master had other drawbacks. Again, Laethan nodded. “I can help you. This will heal you, won’t it?” Elleron held up a crystal as Solan ducked a wild slash from both of D’hak’s blades.

Laethan smiled as the crystal began to glow, then he whispered something that Elleron couldn’t quite hear. The young teenage boy leaned in closely, and Laethan grasped his head with a grip like steel. Pulling him in, Laethan firmly locked lips with the teenager, and after a long, tense kiss, Elleron shoved the young, dying boy down to the ground. Elleron sneered down at Laethan as he felt the power coursing through his veins… but something was wrong. There was… resistance. The darkness drained from Elleron’s eyes for a moment before Denath could re-establish control over his new host body.

The facility had been destroyed long ago, but the broken walls and damaged doors could not bar his path as he made his way through the complex, checking the device in his hand every so often. There was a clear energy surge in the heart of the building, and he had to know what was happening.

The assassin stopped as he caught sight of the room he had been created in, and stared in wonder at a new growth tank. This entire laboratory had been powered up, and the occasional droid buzzed about its business, checking consoles and tending to the growth tube in the middle of the room. A small shadow clearly floated within the tube. Without further hesitation, D’hak reached out with the Force and crushed the droid, advancing carefully.

D’hak rubbed his gauntleted hand across the new glass tube and narrowed his eyes suspiciously as he saw what was floating inside - a young teenage boy, with platinum blond hair, held in stasis within a capsule filled with an unknown cocktail of chemicals. All manner of wires and equipment monitored his growth as he floated inside. He glanced down at the control panel and read the young clone’s designation: Delta-class, NXG-2.

Pressing a couple of buttons, he scrolled through technical details about the cloning process, none of which he understood. A name flashed on one of the screens, a name he was far too familiar with.

Fourteen years earlier…

A bolt of lightning fell from the skies of Arconae Primus. Somewhere, a pulse of light illuminated the darkness that permeated these woods. Somewhere… but not here. A young boy raised his head to the sky with an accusatory glare as the first drops of rain followed the light downwards. The rain trickled on the fair side of his face, running past the steel half-mask he wore to hide his scars. He sighed in exasperation and returned to his musings. These woods were comforting and quiet, a good place for the solitude and deep thinking the boy needed right now. He had been fighting a long time…

“Thank you for coming, old friend,” Proconsul Strategos Thanatos Arconae greeted the super-human clone of D’hak. “I need to talk to you about Denath. I don’t trust him,” Proconsul Strategos Thanatos Arconae stated in a voice that made it clear. “He is reckless, arrogant and dangerous.”

“Yes, he is,” the tall, dark-skinned man replied. “He is also very powerful.”

“For an Epis.”

“For a warrior. He has a strength of will that is unbreakable, and he can lead us to great places. Believe me, Strategos, he looks to the future of this Clan as much as he looks to the past.”

“That’s what concerns me.”

The Proconsul of Clan Arcona sighed as he sank down in his chair. “He plans to move against the holdings of Clan Taldryan. He will fight them single-handedly if he had to. Would probably win if he fights the way you say. However, Clan Arcona needs to stabilise. We have to gather our resources and focus on our own problems, not ride to a crusade that died thousands of years ago. We cannot afford the coming war.” The other man nodded slowly as he raised a fluted scotch glass to his lips. He swirled a dark, bitter liquor around his tongue, lavishing in the flavour of his favourite liquor, vreska, before swallowing it down. They locked eyes.

“Halcyon has agreed to return as Consul,” Strategos informed his old companion. “The Great Plague devastated us, and the reincarnation of Denath has pulled us through the storm, but we must rebuild ourselves before we can weather another. He will not see that. You must make him see that.” The dark-skinned figure narrowed his eyes as he listened to his friend.

“What if he refuses to go peacefully?” The Proconsul looked away uncomfortably. “Are you sure this is for the good of the Clan, Strategos? Or is this a move for power?” D’hak narrowed his eyes at his old friend as he considered the implications of removing Denath.

“He is possessing your old apprentice, Laethan. I’m hoping that can give you a way to reach him, diplomatically.”

“Denath is not the diplomatic type, Strategos,” D’hak pointed out.

“Denath will be the death of Arcona. The other Elders agree with me.”

“He believes the Clan can still rise to any challenge that is presented. He has faith in us, faith in this Clan. These ‘Elders’ should too. ”

“Do you have faith in him?” Strategos asked, arching an eyebrow. Uncomfortable silence answered him. “The decision is made, and you have your assignment. Remove the Consul, by any means necessary.” D’hak slammed the rest of his liquor down before turning on his heels and leaving the room, stopping at the door as he wrestled with his conscience. “Farewell, old friend,” the assassin whispered over his shoulder.

Another bolt of lightning crashed somewhere far away, adding its light to that of the newly risen moon. It bathed the forests and scattered ruins of Selen in a cold light that was made all the more morbid by the rain that had been sprinkling down for the last quarter of an hour. Denath Ciarus, the Consul and Supreme Ruler of Clan Arcona, surveyed these ruins as the rumble of distant thunder finally swept over them. The boy sighed as he heard footsteps behind him, the steel clicking of armor-clad boots announcing the presence of the super-human clone, D’hak. “I do not wish to be disturbed,” Denath instructed over his shoulder. “We may spar in the morning. You are excused until then.”

“I was never one for warm welcomes,” D’hak replied as he casually laid a hand on his lightsaber. “It is a lovely night to be outside.” More rain and thunder crashed around that sentence. The boy did not, however, acknowledge him. D’hak sighed and took a seat on a fallen piece of stonework.

“When I was told this Clan would be absorbed into another,” Denath finally said, “I could not believe it. I could not accept that such a vote was being considered.” The clone furrowed his brow. “I decided it was not our time. I decided that if these were to be our last days, they would be great, or nothing. These ruins are empty because of that. Tell me, D’hak, do you think I chose wisely? Do you have faith in me?” A brief flash of Strategos struck the clone’s memory like a sledgehammer. “I closed Qel-Droma, our greatest and most legendary House laid low like so much rubble.”

“Like the ruins that surround it,” D’hak replied. “I think you’ve made the Clan stronger by making these decisions.” The boy sighed as the rain slowed, now barely a few drops a minute. “It was a necessary evil, for the good of the Clan.” Denath chuffed at the notion of good and evil.

“It is true; the House was a fallen icon, an insult to its own memory. This Clan - your Clan - were not far from it. I am sure, however, that the appointment and performance of Strategos will go a long way towards securing its future.”

“What do you mean?” D’hak asked.

“I know why you are here.” Thunder rumbled in the distance. “The Elders sent you to assassinate me.”

“The Elders of the Clan have… expressed certain concerns to me,” D’hak replied carefully. “They believe your aggressiveness may cost the Clan. They believe this war is the wrong decision.” The young boy chuffed at that too. “So do I.”

“Fool,” Denath growled over his shoulder, the steel half-mask gleaming wetly in the night. “Who are you to judge what is right and what is wrong in the grand scheme of things?”

“Who’s grand scheme?” D’hak asked, a tone of worry creeping into his voice. Denath turned to fix the super-human clone with a lethal glare.

“Mine. Just like the others, you still don’t get it. It’s not about good, not about evil. It’s not about life…” Denath removed his lightsaber as he slowly approached.

D’hak stared into the glass tube, studying the teenage boy floating inside. It was a clone of Denath’s original body. The ancient Dark Jedi Master who had crushed House Qel-Droma, and had been his greatest challenge; and later, became one of his greatest allies. Was this a mere coincidence? No, impossible. There was no such thing. And yet, Denath had been on New Tython, possessing Elleron Morakei. The Twins, the super-human clone jokingly called them. Ever since he entrusted Elleron into the care of the Jedi, he had kept tabs on them both. Denath was dangerous, unpredictable, but Elleron did a great job of keeping him in check. Right up until the end. D’hak punched the release button, and the glass tube split along a vertical seal.

D’hak watched as the teenage boy fell to the ground, and the strange fluids rushed out of the capsule and flooded the nearby floor. His gauntleted hand withdrew from the release button, and stretched down to grasp the boy by the scruff of the neck and lift him effortlessly into the air. D’hak inspected the boy carefully as he stirred and began to show the first signs of consciousness. The super-human clone removed a sharp blade from his belt as he braced himself for what must inevitably transpire. The Twins had fallen on New Tython, and the assassin knew there was only one course of action to take from here…

A week ago…

“The House needs its leaders - all of them.” Liam’s voice echoed across the distance between them as his Miraluka Aedile swatted aside another blaster shot.

“It’s the only way,” a young teenage boy panted, his concentration hell-bent on terrifying the army of soldiers that were laying siege to their retreat. The Spaceport offered their only hope of survival, of fleeing New Tython so that they could return and overthrow the Mad King, Cy Thuron, at a later date. “We have to do… whatever it takes.”

“That’s not your body you’re choosing to throw away!” Liam chastised the boy. The darkness drained from the boy’s eyes, leaving behind forest green irises as Elleron regained control.

He’s right, Elleron. We have to go now. The boy glanced over his shoulder as Liam and Morotheri approached.

No. They must survive, Denath, whatever it takes.

There is no time! Another blaster bolt sped past, this one closer. The troops were recovering, their aim improving; soon, they would all be killed. Yet, the boy did not move.

“You’re right, Liam,” Elleron shouted. “The House needs its leaders.”

Denath felt Elleron gather in the Force for one final act. Liam and Morotheri were thrown into the hangar, and Elleron’s lightsaber flew out, severing the external controls and sealing the door shut. The young Jedi sighed and turned to face the advancing soldiers, raising his silver blade as he recited the Jedi Code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Shots ricocheted against the blade as one of the commanding officers took careful aim with her blaster, her brilliant blue eyes like sapphires staring down the barrel. She watched and waited, like a spider in its web, waiting for just the right moment to squeeze the trigger…

There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no-

“…not about death.”

Denath’s old words echoed in D’hak’s mind as he slowly raised the knife. But was this really Denath? Under his tutelage, Denath became a valuable ally. He became an anti-hero of the Jedi of Odan-Urr, saving numerous lives along the way.

“It’s not about right, not about wrong…”

What crimes had this clone committed, besides being brought into the world seconds ago? What punishment did he deserve? Was D’hak any different? D’hak was cloned from a sinister assassin and while they shared some traits, wIth the right upbringing, anyone could become a champion of righteousness in a galaxy of darkness.

“It’s about power.”

D’hak closed his eyes, overcome with memories of that fateful duel on Arconae Primus, where he had suffered his one and only defeat. Where he had learnt Denath’s true nature, and found a way to appeal to him. D’hak had reached him once before. He knew he could reach him again.

Violet eyes flicked open as the boy hung there, naked, dripping… helpless. “Help me…” the boy whispered, and D’hak hesitated. “Please. Who am I?” The assassin stared into his eyes. What sins had this boy truly committed, besides being born?

“You are my apprentice, Nathan Deciarus,” D’hak replied as he sheathed the knife. “Welcome to your life.”

Like I said before, there are two kinds of people in this world. Guess we all know which kind this little guy was…
…we make our own monsters.

CadenItharus

Author’s note: This section is intended as a “full-length movie trailer” to future chapters and developments. I don’t have the multimedia skills to incorporate graphics and audio, so it was written with Lorde’s cover of “Everybody Wants To Rule The World” in mind. The song is available commercially via iTunes and other outlets, and used here under Fair Use solely for inspiration and structure.

SINS NEVER DIE

Long have I prepared for this moment…
My body was slain.
My armies were destroyed.
My empire crumbled,
but sins…
Sins never die.

They thought I was just a myth.
They thought I had been forgotten.
They thought I was just a sinner,
who committed his final sins millennia ago.
They thought I had been redeemed,
but sins…

Welcome to your life…
D’hak watched as the teenage boy fell to the ground, and the strange fluids rushed out of the capsule and flooded the nearby floor. His gauntleted hand withdrew from the release button, and stretched down to grasp the boy by the scruff of the neck and lift him effortlessly into the air. D’hak inspected the boy carefully as he stirred and began to show the first signs of consciousness. The super-human clone removed a sharp blade from his belt as he braced himself for what must inevitably transpire. The Twins had fallen on New Tython, and the assassin knew there was only one course of action to take from here…

Violet eyes flicked open as the boy hung there, naked, dripping… helpless. “Help me…” the boy whispered, and D’hak hesitated. “Please. Who am I?” The assassin stared into his eyes. What sins had this boy truly committed, besides being born?
“You are my apprentice, Nathan Deciarus,” D’hak replied as he sheathed the knife. “Welcome to your life.”
There’s no turning back.

Even while we sleep,
Ambassador Zambeki had taken Nathan to a hospital in Vard Mislu, and with an almost sickening dread, Nathan slowly approached the only occupied bed in the room as the doctor circled around to the other side.

Nathan looked down at the unconscious body before him with a fixated curiosity. As impossible as it seemed, he was indeed familiar. “Who is he?” Nathan asked the doctor, who came to stand on the other side of the hospital bed.
“We don’t know. He’s been in a coma for over a year. Our forensic expert believes he is a Jedi.”

We will find you.
Nathan greeted the robed and armored intruder with a warm smile. “D’hak?” The super-human clone locked eyes with the young boy. D’hak rested his hands on his lightsabers as the boy hesitated, then eye-balled his former master suspiciously. “Master, what are you doing here?”

D’hak removed his lightsabers, flicked them behind him, and activated both blades.

Acting on your best behavior,
“Ambassador Zambeki was found murdered today, in an apparent murder suicide involving her husband of twenty years, Doctor Mokhan. Tythonian authorities have been very tight-lipped about the circumstances of her death for fear of alarming the Jedi, whom the Ambassador worked closely with. The diplomatic community has been devastated by the doctor’s quote, ‘uncharacteristic and sudden-’”

The Holonet transmission ended abruptly as Nathan deactivated the terminal in A’lora’s office. Startled out of her sleep, A’lora glanced around, catching sight of Nathan, his face hidden in the shadows of the late evening. The smell of a freshly brewed cup of hot tea tickled her senses as the boy slowly closed in on her.

Turn your back on Mother Nature…
The diminutive figure watched as the last of the shuttles rose gracefully into the sky. The Jedi who had sheltered them here had agreed to leave them behind, and peace would fall across their village. With a small smile, the equally small figure hobbled out from the jungle. With the Jedi gone from their lives, the Harakoans would know peace… but he knew that they would return to this village some day, and he would have to prepare for when they did. A small Harakoan girl was the first to greet him, and he warmly handed her a small, woolen doll.

It’s my own desire.
Swatting aside his lightsaber with ease, the dark-skinned, armor-clad clone D’hak was proving to be too much for the young teenage boy to handle on his own. Nathan rolled to the side, bringing his lightsaber up in a desperate swipe, but his former master knew all his tricks. With a flick of his arm, D’hak destroyed Nathan’s lightsaber with a disarming slash, and the young clone was quickly overpowered by a follow up strike. With a quick whirl of his wrist, D’hak lashed out at his former apprentice, cutting down the defenseless boy. This was it, he was sure of it; the two NXG clones, one a Dark Lord, and the other a saviour, locked together in what could be their first and final battle.

It’s my own remorse.
Nathan collapsed on the ground, screaming in pain as D’hak stood above him. The setting sun gleamed off his armor, and he deactivated his double-bladed lightsaber as a light breeze stole the clone’s thoughts from him. Here he was, at long last; after a year of searching, of planning, of pulling just the right strings, the master stood above his apprentice with lightsaber in hand.

What sins had this boy committed, besides being born? D’hak locked his merciless, albino eyes with Nathan as his snow-white hair drifted in the breeze. “I was going to kill you long ago, Nathan,” he muttered. “I decided to spare you; you were useful, you had potential, and now at the end of all of this, I have come to take back what I gave you.” The platinum-haired boy writhed in agony as D’hak raised his double-bladed lightsaber and held it there for just a moment as he considered thrusting down.
Help me to decide.

Help me make the most of freedom…
The little Harakoan girl collected her woolen doll from the clone’s gauntleted fist with a small, short-lived cry of glee that was smothered with a sharp fist to her face. The masked clone turned and regarded the tribe’s leaders with a scornful sneer, and he grabbed the double-bladed lightsaber that was holstered over his shoulder. The Dark Lord activated one of the blades and lunged forward, cutting down the closest two as he called upon the Force to telekinetically hold the doors to the meeting chamber shut, trapping the Harakoans inside.

And of pleasure…
A’lora looked around in dismay at the ruins of the town, as she recalled the horrors of what transpired in her vision. Almost on cue, in the center of town, was the sole survivor: a young Harakoan girl, chained to a post and bleeding, who clutched a torn and blood-stained woolen doll with a frightened but fierce determination. The Dark Lord they had been pursuing, a masked clone that had wreaked havoc on their homeworld, had been here. He had laid waste to the entire village, had butchered the entire population, except for her… the Togruta knew a message when she saw it.
Nothing ever lasts forever.

There’s a room where the Light won’t find you,
The masked clone smirked as he raised one hand above his head. Surrounded in a shell of energy, he was untouchable, and his fingers clawed as if he was grasping at something above him. The Jedi of Odan-Urr felt the crushing weight of the Force as he gathered it to him. His hand smoked with darkness, his fingertips crackled with lightning, and the heroes of Clan Odan-Urr watched in dismay as their enemy dealt them a cruel smirk. He slowly clenched his fist before punching it into the ground with a reverberation that knocked everyone else to their feet.

Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down.
Grey clouds rolled over the hills and drifted above the city as the wind slowly picked up. The smell of flowers filled the air, in quiet contrast to the faint sounds of battle echoing through the city. A great shadow began to cover the city below, and the clouds were brutally ripped apart as the forward portion of a Nebula-class Star Destroyer pierced through them.

When they do I’ll be right behind you.
A’lora slowly regained her feet, helping the others to theirs. Despite the shell of energy that surrounded the Dark Lord, the heroes of Odan-Urr stood valiantly beside the Togruta as they considered their next plan of assault. Suddenly, everyone froze in place as a nearby shadow loomed above the distant city and the breeze started to pick up. In stunned silence, the heroes of Odan-Urr glanced up at the sky as the clouds were disintegrated and the NSD Fey’lya’s Last Stand came hurtling towards the planet.

So glad we’ve almost made it.
Admiral Tresk Fiarr’ges clutched his shattered arm as he looked over the crew before him. Some of the bravest Bothans he had ever served with stood before him, a puzzled look on their faces as he stood outside the elevator with tears in his eyes. “Get to the escape pods!” he hissed as he slammed his good hand into the panel, sealing the elevator doors.

So sad we had to fade it.
Flashing lights and alarms filled the bridge of the NSD Fey’lya’s Last Stand as the Admiral limped to the navigation console and desperately tried to punch in a course, forward, backward, anywhere but here. The console would not respond, and with a deep breath, he stood sharply at attention and saluted the viewport in front of him as the planet came rushing towards him.

Everybody wants to rule…
A’lora gripped her weapon tightly as she approached the lone figure in the middle of the meditation chamber. “You are under arrest,” she called out as the other Jedi of Odan-Urr entered behind her. “The truth has been revealed to us, at last, and your little game is over.” The Dark Lord slightly turned his head, acknowledging their presence. A’lora stepped to the side carefully in an effort to flank him while she addressed him.

“For all your crimes against Clan Odan-Urr, for the countless lives you’ve crushed, and the untold horrors you have committed in the name of your forgotten empire, the Council of Urr sentences you to die.” The Togruta Jedi activated her weapon. “What price will it take for you to end this madness?” she asked.
…the world.

The Dark Lord gracefully rose to his feet and slowly, calmly, turned to face his opponents. “Do you have anything at all to say in your defense?” A’lora asked as the other Jedi began readying their weapons. The Dark Lord’s mechanical mask slid out from his armored suit and quickly wrapped itself around his face. The Dark Lord reached for his double-bladed lightsaber and as the ornately carved steel faceplate clamped shut, he spoke three words through the vocabulator with a voice that echoed around the chamber, sending chills running down their spines.

Sins never die.