A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

Star Wars: A New Dawn out now! - Dark Jedi Brotherhood

system

Just a quick note to let you all know that the new book Star Wars: A New Dawn is now on sale! For those not up to speed on this book, it serves as a prequel to the up coming Star Wars: Rebels TV series, and is set six years prior to the show.

If you're on the fence about the book, you can read a 50 page excerpt thanks to suvudu.com/.

Has anyone here managed to read it yet? Are you planning to?

Follow the Dark Jedi Brotherhood

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/news/star-wars-news-star-wars-a-new-dawn-out-now
XanosZorrixor

In the process of moving house atm, so will be some time before I can read this myself, but I keep seeing good reviews, both from those pleased to see the EU go, and those who weren’t. I especially like the stuff about a black female Imperial officer, which is a nice change from the endless male officers that filled Star Wars in the past.

TelarisCantor

Ugh I hate hardcover books… and I don’t have a kindle. Blah!

ZanetXox

Do you have a tablet or smartphone? Amazon has Kindle apps everywhere that work just as well.

ZanetXox

I haven’t read a SW book in a while, but I’m excited to get started on the new series knowing everything I read is completely canon. That’s awesome. Probably going to tackle this once I finish GoT4!

Windos

Same boat as you on this one, Aabs. The only older books I really remember reading was the Thrawn Trilogy and Vector Prime. Trying to catch up on the cannon of things seemed a bit daunting, now that isn’t an issue lol.

Windos

Yeah, it is an option, if you can stomach reading on those devices. Personally I can’t. The e-ink type displays are a lot easier on my eyes ( #firstworldproblems ? )

ZanetXox

Have you tried recently? I…think you have a Windows phone, but I know the iOS Kindle app includes settings to adjust screen brightness, text color/brightness, as well as background color - you can go for a black on white, white on black, or brown on sepia (I prefer the sepia as it fixes the hard on eyes thing).

Windos

I’m an Android user. And yeah I do use it (for very short stints), and it’s got all those adjustment.

It’s more of a reading large amounts of text on a lcd display in general thing that a brightness or colour thing. (I’m the person who will print large documents out to read them rather than just reading them on my pc :stuck_out_tongue:)

p.s. just noticed that discourse has emoji… so… :godmode: :rage4: and :feelsgood:

ZanetXox

Oh, goodness, I hated you so much during college. Bringing print outs of PDF readings to class :stuck_out_tongue:

TelarisCantor

I dislike reading books on computer screens given how much time I spend in front of one for work related readings. :frowning: The kindle paperwhite or whatever has an amazing display, though.

Windos

Agreed, I’ve fondled a paperwhite 2 a bit and loved it. It’s a bit old now, so I am weary of buying one and the paperwhite 3 coming out soon after so am determined to wait until the next generation before jumping on the kindle bandwagon.

Hades

You don’t have a … Windos Phone? :stuck_out_tongue: