A read-only archive of discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com as of Sunday May 01, 2022.

Writing Fanfic - and Getting Paid for It

Windos

_Stealing Socks’ forum post, this would be categorized if I were able to make new categories :stuck_out_tongue: _

Huge announcement from Amazon.com, I’ll just paste the information here but you can read the full text on their website.

New stories inspired by books, shows, movies, comics, music, and games people love.

Get ready for Kindle Worlds, a place for you to publish fan fiction inspired by popular books, shows, movies, comics, music, and games. With Kindle Worlds, you can write new stories based on featured Worlds, engage an audience of readers, and earn royalties. Amazon Publishing has secured licenses from Warner Bros. for Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, and The Vampire Diaries, with licenses for more Worlds on the way.

The Kindle Worlds Self-Service Submission Platform will launch soon and enable you to submit your original works for publication. Can't wait to start writing? Learn more on our Kindle Worlds for Authors page.

Granted, there are very few “Worlds” locked up so far, but it’s a huge step as it is. What are the chances that Star Wars could be added? Star Trek? Come join the DB Forum to discuss!

OodBnar

In all honesty, would Disney join in? That’s the biggest bump. I am liking the concept though.

VerdeOfGreed

Yea, i don’t think Disney will join in that soon. I’ve been working on Noghri myths and legends content but that only touched reddit. It would be interesting to switch to another media like kindle.